Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: time to crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #1

Default time to crawl

hi, im off to tennessee for 3 weeks in 11 days so its the perfect time to get myself a crawler. i run an s-maxx and jato at the moment but as fun as they may be its costing me a small fortune keeping them going. dont intend on selling them but having something else to play with should hopefully save me money in the long run.
my minds 110% made up on the axial ax10. i love the way its designed and the price for a proper crawler straight out of the box. what im not sure on doing is getting the kit and all the extras individually or buying the kit as a combo. looking to spend about $350 for the kit and everything needed to run it.
been having a look around a ton of websites and ebay seems to be coming up trumps. this is the cheapest i can find. should i go for this or are there better deals to be had?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-AX10-Scorp...QQcmdZViewItem
piston_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default maddjack

You can get cheaper right on this site ftom the venors here.
MaddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddJack View Post
You can get cheaper right on this site ftom the venors here.
really? ive checked the crawler store and they want $524 to get rtr and rcp crawlers only seem to offer a kit. any chance of a link

Last edited by piston_head; 02-29-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
RCC Paint & Graphics

That is a good starter kit. I purchased my stage 3 ultimate kit from CKRC crawlers. They are very easy to deal with and know what they are talking about. This kit is around your price range. (pretty much the same one you are showing) http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=297 I believe you can get free shipping on any order over $300.00 too.

Last edited by Rockthrasher; 02-29-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery96 View Post
You might want to check out CKRC crawlers for your AX-10. I purchased my stage 3 ultimate kit from these guys. They are very easy to deal with and know what they are talking about. This kit is around your price range. http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=297 I believe you can get free shipping on any order over $300.00 too.
there the same people as the ebay shop lol
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
RCC Paint & Graphics

Yep, Sorry. I didn't look at who the seller was. I edited my post after you replied. I wasnt quick enough.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Yep, Sorry. I didn't look at who the seller was. I edited my post after you replied. I wasnt quick enough.
thats cool. are the company good to deal with?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #8

I know several people that have dealt with them and they are good.
slravene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
RCC Paint & Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston_head View Post
thats cool. are the company good to deal with?
I was very pleased with CKRC crawlers. I will order from them again. You will like Tennessee. I'm going to Pigeon Forge Tennessee at the end of March for a small vacation.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
hi, im off to tennessee for 3 weeks in 11 days so its the perfect time to get myself a crawler. i run an s-maxx and jato at the moment but as fun as they may be its costing me a small fortune keeping them going. dont intend on selling them but having something else to play with should hopefully save me money in the long run.
my minds 110% made up on the axial ax10. i love the way its designed and the price for a proper crawler straight out of the box. what im not sure on doing is getting the kit and all the extras individually or buying the kit as a combo. looking to spend about $350 for the kit and everything needed to run it.
been having a look around a ton of websites and ebay seems to be coming up trumps. this is the cheapest i can find. should i go for this or are there better deals to be had?

I seen that last night and it was $259 and only had 5 in stock
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #11

Quote:
I was very pleased with CKRC crawlers. I will order from them again. You will like Tennessee. I'm going to Pigeon Forge Tennessee at the end of March for a small vacation.
sounds good, i guess ill deal with them via there website instead of ebay. will be my 3rd time in tennessee now, where the other half is from so get to see it alot. thinking about moving to nashville when im done with uni. were spending a few nights up in a cabin at gatliburg which would be perfect for crawling but id probably get beaten to death with a frying pan if i even suggested the idea of taking an rc car lol
Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #12

Quote:

If you have any question's about any of are kit's just let me Know.
I will get back to you as soon as i can. thank's DOMINIC
JUGGHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #13

ok guys, im the in the big old US of A but am torn between 2 packages. theres not much between them but im hping you can tell me which 1 is best. heres the choices:

choice 1 - $365 inc postage

Axial AX10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit
Futaba 2-Channel Radio, Receiver, & Servo
Novak Fifty-Five 55T Rock Crawler Motor
Dynamite Tazer ESC
Venom 7.2V 1800mAh battery
Dynamite Mega 1 AC/DC Quick Charger
8 AA Transmitter Batteries

http://item.express.ebay.com/Axial-A...mdZExpressItem

choice 2 - $355 inc postage

(1) New axial scorpion crawler kit.
(1) New Futaba 2ch am radio with servos.
(1) New tazer electronics speed control.
(1) New pr1600 6 cell battery.
(1) New delta peak Quick charger.
(1) New integy 45t or 55t motor.