Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: ESC and BEC help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #1

Default ESC and BEC help

I am new to crawling and am wondering if I run a Tekin Rebel 2 ESC and 2 servos for 4 wheel steer, will i need a BEC? I only have one motor if you need to know.
Proruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i ran a 5645 and a 645 with a Rebel 2 and it did fine. The rebel has a decent bec on it. That being said it does NOT have a drag brake which was a big bummer.
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #3

can you explain to me what "drag" breaking is, is there no breaking at all? or is drag breaking just a special feature
Proruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

You may need a BEC or at the least a Novak Nitro Regulator... And you may not...

Drag Brake is a feature that just adds more brake to the motor when it's not getting power... IE: If you go up a steep hill and let go and roll back? You have little or no drag brake... If you go up the same hill and stop when you let go, you have good drag brake.. What nismo was saying there is that the Rebel doesn't have a drag brake feature.. It uses the motor magnets to hold in place and doesn't apply extra juice... My Mamba Max and Novak BL Crawler both have drag brake... They'll apply brake to the wheels when the motors are turned in either direction... It's kinda neat 'cos you can hear the motors work against you when you do it...

If you're not concerned about it, then don't worry... If you are, then look into a Mamba Max or Sidewinder... Altho' I'm not sure if the 'Winder has drag brake or not, but, coming from CC, I can't see why it wouldn't...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote