Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TX reccomendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #1

Default TX reccomendations

Working out some of the final details before I start my first crawler build. It will mostly be for messing around the house, but I can see comp in my future so I plan on going clod axles with duel esc and 4WS.

Anyway this is the TX I'm thinking about...

http://www.hobbyfever.com/product_in...oducts_id=6077

Any comments would be much appreciated.
sp4mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #2

Not really sure how this is a newbie question and not an electronis question but that's fine. I guess I should have clarified, I have been into RC for about 6 years now and it's time to try crawling. T-Maxx, E-Maxx, LST, Savage, Nitro-6, BL RC-18, and a mini-t have spent time in my RC garage, I need something else and heli's, planes, and boats just don't do it for me.

Anyway, 200 something people online and nobody has an opinion? Heck, even a "screw you noob" would be something
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4mike View Post
Not really sure how this is a newbie question and not an electronis question but that's fine. I guess I should have clarified, I have been into RC for about 6 years now and it's time to try crawling. T-Maxx, E-Maxx, LST, Savage, Nitro-6, BL RC-18, and a mini-t have spent time in my RC garage, I need something else and heli's, planes, and boats just don't do it for me.

Anyway, 200 something people online and nobody has an opinion? Heck, even a "screw you noob" would be something
If you've been into RC for 6 years,you should already know that a standard 3 channel system will work for a backyard basher. Steering,throttle,rear steer....pretty n00b if you ask me.

If you want a dual ESC set up,it's another channel. Hey,thats four channles....comprende.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #4

Thanks, I wasnt sure how many channels I needed to run the setup I want. Now that we have that cleared up, what do you think of that radio? Is it a good one? Anyone else run it? Does it give the "jitter" problem with the rooster CE? What are the other options you would reccomend? Ya know, input to actually answer my question.

Where is that flipoff smiley on the pirate boards???
Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I am now running a DX6i now and really like it. You might want to check out the 6i as it has the new DSM2 technology and not the older tech that the 6 runs off of. The only thing that I have noticed that I do not like is that it seems to take longer for these type TX to bind than your typical car radio. Other than that, the amount of adjustments are unreal. You really can dial in your settings. Hope that helps
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #6

Thanks. But why is the 6i cheaper?

NVM, it doesn't come with servos.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #7

Anyone else?