Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Shoe Goo on Plastic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Shoe Goo on Plastic?

How well would shoe goo hold plastic to plastic? I know it works great for tires and lexan bodies. I looked around for a little bit but couldnt find anybody using it to hold plastic together. It doesnt say anything on the directions about plastic so thats why i am wondering. Or should i be better off using something like hot glue or epoxy? I need whatever i use to be a little flexible and have a little give on hard hits. I am using it to hold a bruiser body and interior together... so i would rather not experiment myself on this one and see if anyone else has use it like this. Thanks for any help and a quick response would be appreciated!
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I would say try some scrap and glue it. Shoe Goo is great for many things but for hard plastic I am unaware of. Resin will be hard and brittle. Most glues would be too. I would look into something that would chemically bond the two together for a better hold. Since it is hard plastic you might try Ambroid weld or something for styrene? then back it with Goo or something like that? I might be completely wrong and if so, sorry. BUt I have had great success with the weld on most plastics. Try some scrap if you can.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I would say it would be alright. If it sticks to smooth Lexan, it should stick to other plastics alright. I haven't tried it myself, but I don't think it'll eat styrene. Might want to test it first, though, just to be sure. If you want it to be flexible, Shoe-Goo is the ticket.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

works fine on hard bodies to and holds great also remains flexible
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yea, i tested it real quick and it looks like it will hold fine. After about an hour its already a good enough bond so i went ahead and did it. Ill wait a day or so and see what it turns out like. Thanks for the help guys.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote