Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: enRoute Berg 2.2 Rock Crawler Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #1

Default enRoute Berg 2.2 Rock Crawler Kit

Ill give a short back ground since i am new to crawlers. Raced dirt oval in southern California for about 17 years off and on, so i am not completely rc illiterate. Where i am a complete rookie is in the crawler end of things.

Anyways crawlers recently caught my eye and i do believe i am hooked so i have been doing a little online research. I tried doing a few cold calls to local hobby shops and the knowledge of the local stoner hired to answer the phones is lacking in this area to say the least. (No offence to my local stoner brothers ofcourse)

So in my breif research a kit that caught my eye was the enRoute Berg 2.2 Rock Crawler Kit. I know its an advanced kit but i was hopeing it would be something i could grow into. I was hopeing to avoid getting a beginner kit that i would have to mod the hell out of down the road.

Oh ya and i do want to go brushless, so can i do it with a 2 motor chassis?

Thanks in advance, Bobby

Last edited by Norse; 06-09-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The berg 2.2 is a great kit. You would get by with that for much longer than with any of the current kits or RTRs without any mods. As far a brushless, you'll just need 2 ESC's & a y-harness or 3rd channel mixing.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

awesome kit. Motors are on the axle, you can go brushless, but you will need 2 ESC's, I'd advise brushed with one ESC, I don't like brushless in crawlers. There's a fair amount of good info in the general crawlers section about that kit. Also, the kit was originally called the OCM Newage, search for that too. In the end, the berg is a much better route that the axial, which is still very good.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
In the end, the berg is a much better route that the axial, which is still very good.
You mean enRoute?
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
You mean enRoute?
this coming from the bergler
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
this coming from the bergler
I know! That is funny!!

Back to topic: Dollar wise, the Berg is the best bang for the buck! Plus they are very stout axles. I have put mine thru spots that would have snapped my TLT parts and CVD's like twigs!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

If you go with outrunners, you will need to clock the axles to get them out of the way. Brushed motors would have a better startup and feel, but it depends on how you drive. Keep in mind that your battery will have to power the motors you put in. More power = more battery needed.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #8

Default Berg 2.2

I am trying to find one (Berg) in stock...I just finished a scratch build TLT based crawler. Used a Novak Goat Brushless...I can't imagine going brushed after this. With a Spektrum DX3, 4wheel steering and RC4WD portals I have complete control, outstanding brake, outstanding clearance. The Berg looks great and will certainly fulfill my desire for a two motor/clod type rig. I will certainly install a set of Goats on it and I know it will have the power and control to be a first class rig. When you hit rock...crawl!
brummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I'm sorry to say I just bought the remaining Bergs left in the United States. I will be posting them on e-bay at an increased fee in a year or so, so keep your eyes open.

When you are able to get one, I would go with 2 brushed motors, more driver control and a heck of alot cheaper.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEW<CO> View Post
I'm sorry to say I just bought the remaining Bergs left in the United States. I will be posting them on e-bay at an increased fee in a year or so, so keep your eyes open.
Hogwash! :-P TCS has them in stock, I just ordered one a few minutes ago. I confirmed with Kevin last night before ordering.
Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #11

Default BEREG 2.2 in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEW<CO> View Post

When you are able to get one, I would go with 2 brushed motors, more driver control and a heck of alot cheaper.

Rossendale Models (www.rossmod.co.uk) has a good stock of Berg 2.2 kits in stock for just £349.99. With the weak pound thats a bargain price for something that is going to be posted on eBay at an "increased fee".
ukcobra is offline   Reply With Quote