Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Where to start (newb to scale stuff)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Where to start (newb to scale stuff)

i dlike to start a build of a scaler but not sure where to start (chassis/drive train wise) id love to do one of my 2 door rubi but nobody makes a 2 door body of a JK i might try to cut down the 4 door one from wall-mart, but havent decided yet. or maybe use the large nylint body i have left over from that. any guidance would be great, thanks
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I am just starting a scale build myself. I started with the chassis and axles. I bought a K2-4 from Reign RC and I love it. They have recently discontinued the K2-3x and K2-4 lines, but they still have the K2-5 and I believe a K2-6. There are a lot of build threads using these.

The X-Trail is also a very good chassis and is based on the AX10. If you have an AX10 to start with it's basically a direct bolt on conversion.

The other thing is deciding what axles to use. I bought the T-Rex 60 plastic axles for RC4WD. They are very scale looking and feel very solid. If you don't have any axles the AX10 axles are pretty easy to come by and they are not too expensive.

I would just look at a lot of build threads and see what others are doing. It all really depends on just how scale you want to go.

Good luck .
MrDublin is offline   Reply With Quote