Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: hot-racing chassis question -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default hot-racing chassis question -

does anyone have a pic of there crawler that uses a hot-racing chassis
i have an axial that i just tore apart - anyone need some spare parts - i know how it goes together - thats not it - i am looking for the best way to set it up - links inside the chassis or outside - shocks right side up or up side down - where to run the linka at what holes work best - there are a hundres holes in this thing - i posted here - i'm a newbie at this rock crawling but have been into rc for 20 years - and race dirt oval all summer
thanks for any help
chris
activethunderrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by activethunderrc View Post
does anyone have a pic of there crawler that uses a hot-racing chassis
i have an axial that i just tore apart - anyone need some spare parts - i know how it goes together - thats not it - i am looking for the best way to set it up - links inside the chassis or outside - shocks right side up or up side down - where to run the linka at what holes work best - there are a hundres holes in this thing - i posted here - i'm a newbie at this rock crawling but have been into rc for 20 years - and race dirt oval all summer
thanks for any help
chris
did u buy it already? if it were me i wouldnt waste my money on that chassis and instead would buy a proven comp chassis from one of the builders/ vendors on this site.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I hope you didn't buy it...but if you did search around in the ax10 part and look at the builds. Its all trial and error and what works best for you. I might like my setup and you might hate it. So just pick and choose, you'll have fun doing it and it'll occupy some more of your time. If that's too much work, u should have just left it stock imo...not to bash but you might find something that works great and can share it with the rest of us. hope that helped a bit
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i got it because no one else had one - my buddy has a basterd chassis - its cool but it broke already - this is solid - dont need a body - i know this is trial and error i have no shortage of rocks here to try it out on - i did see a pic of a chassis close to mine in here - i think they look kind of cool when done - kind of mad max like - i was going to do a roll bar light setup - my buddy got me a wench - going to make a bumper for that - basicly i have to be different - it will work just as good as any other when i'm done i will just take more time - why the dislike for this chassis other then a little heavy
thans for the input
chris
activethunderrc is offline   Reply With Quote