Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: AX10 only turns one direction?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #1

Question AX10 only turns one direction?

Sometimes when using my AX10 RTR the tires will only point in one direction and will not not turn in the other direction. Its very frustrating Ive tried tightening the screws on the front axle but it never stays straight. Ive had it since Christmas so its only been through snow if thats what messes it up. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
LeadFarmerAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

You are talking about steering direction and not tire rotation, right?

It sound like the plastic servo horn is stripped, pull it off and take a look at it, you'll likely see all of the teeth gone, or laid down in one direction. This is an easy fix, I recommend getting an aluminum servo horn.

When you take the servo horn off, turn the TX and truck on, turn the servo from left to right using the TX to make sure you actually have full travel, next, do the same thing again, but hold the servo output shaft just hard enough to put backpressure on the servo, make sure that it turns like it is supposed to.

Last edited by Greatscott; 02-19-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

It sound like the plastic servo horn is stripped, pull it off and take a look at it, you'll likely see all of the teeth gone, or laid down in one direction. This is an easy fix, I recommend getting an amuminum servo horn.

When you take the servo horn off, turn the TX and truck on, turn the servo from left to right using the TX to make sure you actually have full travel, next, do the same thing again, but hold the servo output shaft just hard enough to put backpressure on the servo, make sure that it turns like it is supposed to.
That or the servo is damaged. Did you have it fall on the front end? That happened to mine and it snapped the arm, it hasn't been right since. More that likely it's what Greatscott said.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

It sound like the plastic servo horn is stripped, pull it off and take a look at it, you'll likely see all of the teeth gone, or laid down in one direction. This is an easy fix, I recommend getting an amuminum servo horn.

Thanks, i checked it out and the plastic was stripped and some of it was worn off on the metal part that it attaches to. I guess I will be buying an aluminum servo horn and other higher quality parts!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
That or the servo is damaged. Did you have it fall on the front end? That happened to mine and it snapped the arm, it hasn't been right since. More that likely it's what Greatscott said.
There were a few times where it fell but no broken parts.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Cool, glad to help, just make sure that you test the servo out as well, but if the horn is stripped then it is likely working... Happy Crawling!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote