Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Help asap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Exclamation Help asap

i know that this is going to aound stupid, but i just got back from "rigging" my esc to my motor, i crimped the wires together. and i have control of the steering, but i cannot get the car to move, when i give it full throttle the esc just makes a beep type noise the whole time i have it full throttle, after doing that i noticed the motor began to smoke a little so i turned everything off and unplugged it all. i hope i didnt ruin anythin permanently... if anyone lives near Filer, ID and are willing to help please pm me or sumthing, i dono what to do at this point. the guys at the lhs are really no help at all and i want to get it done right and stop messing around with it and get to crawling....
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Holmes Hobbies

First off,the most knowledgeable fokes on RCC are older and your font is way to small.Next we need to know what kind of esc/motor we are talking about.What battery and most of all how do you have it wired.Red is pos,black is neg and the other two will be motor wires.If you hook that up backwards,the motor will run backwards but if you have the red and black to the motor you have messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
i know that this is going to aound stupid, but i just got back from "rigging" my esc to my motor, i crimped the wires together. and i have control of the steering, but i cannot get the car to move, when i give it full throttle the esc just makes a beep type noise the whole time i have it full throttle, after doing that i noticed the motor began to smoke a little so i turned everything off and unplugged it all. i hope i didnt ruin anythin permanently... if anyone lives near Filer, ID and are willing to help please pm me or sumthing, i dono what to do at this point. the guys at the lhs are really no help at all and i want to get it done right and stop messing around with it and get to crawling....
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Like CD13 said also bump your font up to at least 2

If you wired it correctly,did you also correctly adjust the spur/pinion mesh? maybe your so bound up nothing is spinning.

WOW did he really start this thead then log off?

Last edited by towtruckmikey; 02-18-2009 at 09:59 PM.
towtruckmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Gettin’ back on the horse

Yeah what these guys said. Plus I would go ahead and pull the motor out of the rig and see if it will spin with no pressure on it. Also try spinning it by hand(if you can't spin it by hand something is wrong).If it does problem one solved. If it doesn't back to square one.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

apologies for the small text size and my laptop goofed i didnt mean to log off. i am not by my crawler at the moment but as soon as i get by it i will check. i think i may have goofed on the meshing part, wats a good way of checking it? and my setup is a rooster crawler esc, stock cr01 motor, and a duratrax 4600 battery. i cut the bullet connectors off the ends of the motor wires and a friend of mine said it should be fine to crimp those wires to the wires from the esc until i get the deans connectors to solder on. there are a blue and a yellow wire going from the esc, the blue being the positive, and yelllow negative. what are the color codes on the motor wires? are they (yellow= negative, green= positive) or the other way around? as you can prolly tell this is my first time doing anything of this sort. thanks for the quick responses......
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
apologies for the small text size and my laptop goofed i didnt mean to log off. i am not by my crawler at the moment but as soon as i get by it i will check. i think i may have goofed on the meshing part, wats a good way of checking it? and my setup is a rooster crawler esc, stock cr01 motor, and a duratrax 4600 battery. i cut the bullet connectors off the ends of the motor wires and a friend of mine said it should be fine to crimp those wires to the wires from the esc until i get the deans connectors to solder on. there are a blue and a yellow wire going from the esc, the blue being the positive, and yelllow negative. what are the color codes on the motor wires? are they (yellow= negative, green= positive) or the other way around? as you can prolly tell this is my first time doing anything of this sort. thanks for the quick responses......
If you look where the wires connect to the motor you'll see the '+' and '-' indicating the positive/negative leads. Same goes on the ESC, there should be some label showing where the leads goto.

How long are the screws holding the motor to the tranny? I've seen this before where the screws holding the motor to the tranny were too long, and caused the motor to lock up because the innards couldn't turn properly.
4thgenceli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
RCC Addict

im not sure on esact measurements, but they are the screws that came with the kit and are in the spot the manual said they should be .......