Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Losing my mind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #1

Default Losing my mind

Afternoon everyone I am losing my mind here. I am new to the rock climbing side of RC and have a hopefully easy question. I built the Axial AX10 kit and installed a Novak Rooster rock crawler esc and a integy 55turn V11 rock crawling motor and using the Spectrum 3.0 as the controller. My buddy bought the AX10 ARTR and installed the same esc but with the Novak 55 turn crawling motor. I love the way his creeps around and how nice the throttle control is mine however I hate. We spent 5 hours last night trying to get it in tune with no luck. My problem is as soon as a even apply the slightest pressure to the trigger that thing is going full throttle it is as if there is no creep. We matched all the Spectrum settings reset my ESC and at this point Im past frustrated. Should I purchase the Novak motor and toss the integy off as a learning experience or am i missing the obvious solution here. I searhed all over the forums before posting but couldnt get the anwser. Thanks in advance for any help I will let you guys know if I figure this out
Jim
Sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

A couple of questions:

What pinnion and spur are you using?

You reset your ESC, but did you calibrate it to the radio?

Check your radio settings, make sure you don't have the throttle EXP and EPA set wrong.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #3

Got the problem figured out after going back to the Hobby shop and talking to Novak for an hour. They had packed the Rooster 12 T motor in with the rock crawler version by mistake at the factory. :-P So I got a new combo kit at n/c and sent the old on e out now she runs perfect. I am using 87 spur and a 14 pin gear.
Sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote