Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: venom creeper V.S. axial artr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #1

Default venom creeper V.S. axial artr

I was thinking about getting a crawler and was wondering what would crawl better the axial artr or the venom creeper? Both are rtr packages from ckrc crawlers.

Last edited by hotcrawler80; 03-14-2009 at 08:06 PM.
hotcrawler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I think bone stock out of the box.
The Creeper will out do the Axial ARTR
ktmkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #3

Thumbs up

I have both and the creeper does much better...
ElJefe138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

a bone stock creeper hangs with modified axials as well if you know how to pick your line so you don't hit the tranny. There are two courses that the club I'm in put together, the first day out they tested it with all sorts of crawlers and it was a great day, sunny, 80 degrees (didnt have my creeper at the time). I went back out today...it has been raining for the past 3 days and during the time i was out there as well. Also it was 40 degrees outside.... My creeper that is 99% stock (changed different tires) walked up a lot of the paths that all the other crawlers where having a difficult time with when it was dry!!
Squadfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I would definately go with the Venom Creeper. Just put a good set of tires on it (panthers, rovers, chisels) with weights front and rear and your good to go. I'm running the new Proline Chisel's with 3oz in each wheel and love it. I can keep up with my buddies axial AX10 that has, revo drivelines, bent links, rear steer, aluminum steering knuckles, panther tires (don't remember the weights).
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

My Creeper seems to be working out really well. I just wanted something a little different.
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I got a few buddies with the Creeper and only have issues with the pin in the axle breaking quite often.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Axial more aftermarket support. Better quality . easier to get parts. Yeah the venom has alot of upgrades. But its venom. They still break more parts and they where late too the game. you would think could do it right coming in so late but no. Yeah I would like to see a stock creeper keep up with a modded Axial . Who you driving against 8 year olds. My Losi mini skeeter will walk a creeper all day. I bet you think you can keep up with a berg too. If your ever in Tucson , AZ will see what you got. If you notice all the newbies have creeper's . Dont buy a Venom craper unless you wan't to lose.

Last edited by Flyin Hawaiian; 03-15-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 AM   #9

I just got the venom creeper. Im very impressed but one thing is that iv broken it about three times now. The stub axles are crap
burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I'm gonna have to say Axial. Its durable, it's proven, and it's got TONS of potential with all the aftermarket support. Maybe out of the box the creeper may be the better choice but down the line when you get serious with crawling the axial will be better
naggalowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Venom has enough trouble making a decent battery, I would never buy a vehicle your just asking for trouble.I would hold out for the losi or just build a crawler piece buy piece cause your just gonna upgrade everthing anywaycrawlers are alot like crack "easy to get addicted"
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

you guys cant compare a venom to a modded ax10.out of the box a venom is better then a stock ax10.in a couple months youll see when the aftermarket catches up.you wont be able to bag on the creeper.i have a creeper and the thing is pretty cool.if you have to bag on something because its new and not the popular choice so be it.maybe you should be on the ax10 forum.thats why i bought a creeper because it us different.
scram8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
Axial more aftermarket support. Better quality . easier to get parts. Yeah the venom has alot of upgrades. But its venom. They still break more parts and they where late too the game. you would think could do it right coming in so late but no. Yeah I would like to see a stock creeper keep up with a modded Axial . Who you driving against 8 year olds. My Losi mini skeeter will walk a creeper all day. I bet you think you can keep up with a berg too. If your ever in Tucson , AZ will see what you got. If you notice all the newbies have creeper's . Dont buy a Venom craper unless you wan't to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock addict View Post
Venom has enough trouble making a decent battery, I would never buy a vehicle your just asking for trouble.I would hold out for the losi or just build a crawler piece buy piece cause your just gonna upgrade everthing anywaycrawlers are alot like crack "easy to get addicted"
These guys sure talk a lot of smack. They prolly don't even have a
Creeper. I have yet to break anything on my Creeper except a stub axle.
My Creeper can hang with a comp ready Axial except sometimes the
tranny will hang up. I also wanted something different and did not want
to wait for the Losi. I bet the Losi will have a few problems with it when
it comes out because it is a new truck. One good thing about the Axial
is that it has been out for awhile and there is tons of aftermarket stuff
for it. I am sure soon there will be aftermarket parts for the Creeper.
With that said if your still undecided on what to get. I would not pay
any attention to anyone that does not have a Creeper and get a
non biased opinion to someone that does have one.
ktmkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
Wow, talk about defensive. When the axial first came out, it had tons of problems as well so your point of breaking parts is rather invalid. Even today the axial kits have breaking parts. Also your the one that brought in the berg, I could careless about bergs because personally I think they are ment for the people that cant drive a shafty like a real 1:1. Where on earth do you see a 1:1 rig that has motors on the axles? But enough with the berg since clearly the topic doesnt mention them. If I didn't have a school event this weekend, I would get a video of my creeper against modded axials at the comp my club is throwing. However that will have to wait.

Venom told everyone about peices being over heated, the people that have reported the breaking parts have been given new ones to replace them for free and fast shipping. Talk about outstanding customer service. I personally haven't broke any parts on my venom.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadfer View Post
Wow, talk about defensive. When the axial first came out, it had tons of problems as well so your point of breaking parts is rather invalid. Even today the axial kits have breaking parts. Also your the one that brought in the berg, I could careless about bergs because personally I think they are ment for the people that cant drive a shafty like a real 1:1. Where on earth do you see a 1:1 rig that has motors on the axles? But enough with the berg since clearly the topic doesnt mention them. If I didn't have a school event this weekend, I would get a video of my creeper against modded axials at the comp my club is throwing. However that will have to wait.

Venom told everyone about peices being over heated, the people that have reported the breaking parts have been given new ones to replace them for free and fast shipping. Talk about outstanding customer service. I personally haven't broke any parts on my venom.

You have to be kidding, pretty much to only thing similar between even shaft rigs and 1:1 crawlers is that they drive on rocks.
_NICO_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by _NICO_ View Post
You have to be kidding, pretty much to only thing similar between even shaft rigs and 1:1 crawlers is that they drive on rocks.
1:1
1 engine connected to a transmission/transfercase that is inside the chassis.
transfer case connected to axles through driveshafts
coilover shocks
4link
full hydro steering
ARB lockers
cut brakes

1:10 crawler
1 electric motor connected to transmission/transfercase that is inside the chassis.
transfer case connected to axles through driveshafts
coilover shocks
4 link
servo on axle steering
Venom locker with the servo with the spring mod, it hasnt failed for me.
dig

now the weight difference, yes that is completely different, even the scaled down weight of a 1:1 rig will be way to heavy for our 1:10's.

Now a berg lover will come in here and argue what I'm saying is false or whatever but the topic of this thread doesn't mention a berg in it. So now, I am done mentioning bergs and voicing my opinion about it untill another thread that catches my attention that specificly mentions berg in the topic comes up.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadfer View Post

I really want to see your creeper in a video compared to an axial that would be really nice!!! Also how long does it take to build it and how would it compare to the losi mrc?

Last edited by hotcrawler80; 03-15-2009 at 07:17 PM.
hotcrawler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I think they will have the potential to be as good with some good aftermarket support like Axial does. Give it some time there will be co's that will develop upgraded parts support.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

The creeper is a very capable crawler, there was a guy with a creeper at the local turniment (didnt compete) that crawled good, not as good as my axial (modified) but did better than i expected. Its a pretty solid crawler, but the aftermarket support isnt very strong right now so the axial is still at the top of my list.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

id say axial if you where allowed to change tires on the rigs a stock axial would win depending on how you drive, what type of rock (smooth, grippy, diff hanggers, flat, steep) but if i was the driver id put my money the axial my brother and i are have a creeper coming ill let you kno how it fares in my home course out of the box
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote