Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

View Poll Results: is rock crawling the best for a newbie?? pleast tell me fast!!
other rc 5 10.87%
rc crawling 42 91.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: is crawling the best for a rc newbie?? please tell fast! i need the info by march 25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #1

Question is crawling the best for a rc newbie?? please tell fast! i need the info by march 25

please i nned the info im desprate:-(
crawlernewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

do you want fast r slow???
redmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmiller View Post
do you want fast r slow???
slow and stuff you use your melon to do the course soi think rock crawling
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I suck at driving fast RC's, always have, but I do pretty good with a crawler.

I don't think there is a "best" pick what you like and go with it.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
I suck at driving fast RC's, always have, but I do pretty good with a crawler.

I don't think there is a "best" pick what you like and go with it.
well im afraid if i go to fast ill wreck some thing
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Everyone here is naturally biased in their opinion. It's a very good point though. I've messed with other r/c's in the past and the fast ones just get boring after a while. They're so limited really in what you can do with them, where crawlers have an endless supply of what you can drive on and over. I've never had as much fun with any other rc vehicle than what I've had with crawlers, and best of all you can easily run them inside the house if you choose because you have so much more low speed control of them.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSCOTT View Post
Everyone here is naturally biased in their opinion. It's a very good point though. I've messed with other r/c's in the past and the fast ones just get boring after a while. They're so limited really in what you can do with them, where crawlers have an endless supply of what you can drive on and over. I've never had as much fun with any other rc vehicle than what I've had with crawlers, and best of all you can easily run them inside the house if you choose because you have so much more low speed control of them.
thanks man!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default slow vs. fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSCOTT View Post
I love my crawler. It is sooo addicting, and the challenge of "can you get over this or that?" And if you have someone to crawl with, just makesit all the more fun. It challenges the mind as well as the truck.

I also very much still love my fast trucks as well.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Location: Somewhere between the Atlanic ocean and Mississippi river

ive not been into rc long, ive had one crawler and a 1/6 scale nascar, ended up destrying the body and cracking the chassis, ive also seen youtube vids pf the highspeed rc vehicles like hitting a curb and turning into a pretzel.
shadowtrucker95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlernewbie View Post
well im afraid if i go to fast ill wreck some thing
That's what makes going fast so fun! What good would it be without carnage?

Seriously though, crawling is a lot of fun. When I first started I got a really fast stadium truck and it broke every time I drove it, cause I kept running into stuff, which was incredibly frustrating. Carnage is only fun when you mean to do it. Crawlers break less often, and I've still not gotten bored with it, whereas I've gotten bored with every fast R/C I've ever owned.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #11

Talking just have fun

If you are into rc hobbies you will eventually have a number of trucks and cars both fast and slow.
sharky38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #12

Go with the MRC it's the best!
MaxxMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

with a crawler you need way less room to run it.
timo992001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

A crawler may not be a bad place to start, gotta crawl before you can sprint afterall!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #15

Im moving from nitro to electric touring cars to slow myself down. I can't tell you how many bent driveshafts I have from running into curbs because I was going to fast and couldn't stop in my nitro. I drift my 1:1 car and I've got a 93 Tacoma 4wd so I've done my share of crawling. I would rather do something technical like drift/crawl than have a car that'll haul ass. Ripping back and forth in parking lots gets boring after awhile.
Camo_2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Been an addict of the hobby for 20 years... have run everything from 1/8 nitro onroad, 1/8 offroad electic monsters... and everything in between (1/10 onroad, 1/12 pan, 1/18, etc)... my turnover rate with MOST rigs is less than 2 months... but with my crawler... I haven't let it out of my sight in the last 12 months
mcho78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #17
RCC Addict

personally i dont think rc crawling may not me the best choice for a newbie.
dont get me wrong, i love my crawler and is my favorite sect of the hobby but newbie might not have the patience to really tool and tune their crawler
for a newbie id recommend a good electric solid basher. they can take a pretty good beating and because they are relatively simple in design, parts are easily replaced

Last edited by NeXt559; 03-26-2009 at 02:26 AM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

if i was to start over id ether go with a axial rtr ( its a lil faster then a standard crawler) or a slash ( if anyone watched the live coverage of the 2.2 midwest challenge it was like death race ) but thats just me
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

i think a crawler would be pretty good for a newb. i started out with a t-maxx, and spent so much money on it i could have built 3 trucks. had a nitro car, cant remember what it was, but it was belt drive 4wd, and it only lasted about a month. ended up selling it for parts. started out 1/10, ended up the size of a 1/18. lol. smashed up good when i lost signal, hitting a concrete wall about 45mph. parking garages are so much fun. lol. i have way more fun with my venom creeper, no more driving 30 min to get fuel, and i can run it anytime of the year. plus on rainy days, i crawl on the couch.... i doubt anyones wife or mom wants them drivin nitro inside. lol. later, devon.
hiperbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Rock crawling is a great place to develope good motor skills and focus on smart driving. I think an AX10 RTR by Axial is perfect for a beginner. You never really know what suites you best when it comes to your driving, whether you are the fast type or the slow type. The AX10 RTR covers both worlds. You can get your crawling skills down, but still be able to throw the hammer down and do some jumping.
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote