Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newbie Charger Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Newbie Charger Question

Well I was trying to charge my emaxx batteries (8000 mah 2c) today on my duratrax ICE charger and it would get about 71 seconds into the charge and would say, "The present input voltage is 13.83v. Please check the input voltage. The input voltage must be 11-15v". Can anyone tell me whats up? Ive had a ice before and charged 3200 lipos with it.
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

What did you have this plugged into? Car battery?

It sounds like something is wrong with the charger.....13.83V is in the range that you listed....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

A power supply.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hummmm.....you might be getting spikes from the power supply. When this happens, have you put a multimeter on the power supply to see if what the charger is telling you is correct?

Also, you might call the manufacturer of the charger and ask why it's giving you this error when the voltage supplied is within the necessary input range.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Hummmm.....you might be getting spikes from the power supply. When this happens, have you put a multimeter on the power supply to see if what the charger is telling you is correct?

Also, you might call the manufacturer of the charger and ask why it's giving you this error when the voltage supplied is within the necessary input range.
Yeah, im gonna call Duratrax tomorrow
Old 04-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have a Team Checkpoint TC1030 that I use a car battery (on a table LOL) to charge batteries, which when the battery loses some juice my charger will let me know it isnt enough to supply my charger, but I've never had it say there was too much power going in....? You'll have to keep us posted on what Duratrax says about it. If I were to guess, I'd have to agree w/Jeremy....either you're getting spikes from the supply or your charger is messed. I've never used a Power Supply, but I'm told you want one that charges at a constant 13amp minimum with a 20amp fuse...well, I think thats what they said LOL.
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

hook it to 220v... that'll work
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Just had the same happen to me today....the pack is dying....!! Most likley the pack is peaking at a higher voltage than the power supply can supply. You can lower the charge amps if high say from 5 amps down to 3 or so and might charge a liitle longer...but prob gunna need a new pack...Hope that ain't so but sounds like mine!!:-( Good luck!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
Just had the same happen to me today....the pack is dying....!! Most likley the pack is peaking at a higher voltage than the power supply can supply. You can lower the charge amps if high say from 5 amps down to 3 or so and might charge a liitle longer...but prob gunna need a new pack...Hope that ain't so but sounds like mine!!:-( Good luck!!
I don't think that's it, i just put my new maxamps battery on it and it did the same.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
hook it to 220v... that'll work
801FuNk801 is offline   Reply With Quote