Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: can an ax10 beat a berg, losi?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

Default can an ax10 beat a berg, losi?

i searched the forum and didnt find anything just wandering if you had a no price limit to spend on a ax10 can you build or is there an ax10 that can beat a berg or the new losi crawler that will be coming out?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The rigs do not drive themselves. With that said a Berg suits me better and I feel I am a better driver with a Berg as opposed to an AX-10. Others will say the opposite. The dig operation alone makes a Berg a better decision for comps IMO. The Losi still is not out yet. You can build a Berg for less than a comp AX10 with after market chassis and built axles.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

Sure. A Berg can beat an Ax-10 as well as a Losi can beat a Berg as well as a Losi can beat an Axial as well as a Berg can beat a Losi as well as an Axial can beat a Losi as well as a .... Get it?

Set up and driver wins.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #4

im curios cause i wanted to build a ax10 with the dual motor setup like the berg im new to this stuff so not sure what that setup is called of course it comes down to the driver but i was aiming my ? towards spec wise
Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

Spec wise they all will need to follow the 2.2 class specs....found in the rules forum towards the bottom of the main page.

Basically comes down to a shafty (Axial,Losi or the likes) or a Berg. Any of them can be competitive with the right set up and a good nut behind the wheel.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The AX-10 uses one motor only. And its called MOA(motor on axle) You need axles like Bergs, HR, Bully's for a MOA rig.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwneuwirth View Post
The AX-10 uses one motor only. And its called MOA(motor on axle) You need axles like Bergs, HR, Bully's for a MOA rig.
doesnt 3 racing sell something where you can run two motors like the berg
not sure thought i saw it in a magazine
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
RCC Addict

not sure who makes them, but I know I have seen a complete axial artr running MOA axles on it.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I drive an $800-$900 Berg and I get beat by AX-10's all the time...

A good rig that performs well helps, but it's good driving and experiance that wins comps.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
not sure who makes them, but I know I have seen a complete axial artr running MOA axles on it.
Hot Racing make's them, they're basically Berg copies that are a bit narrower, you have to run a bunch or Berg parts in them to keep them from breaking though.. lol
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Once you buy the HR moa axles you can hardly call it a ax10. sure you can use the chassis from an ax but it will be like most other trucks a hybrid of some sort.

I would suggest buying the Berg axles over the HR if for no other reason beyond PROOVEN reliability. HR axles are still quite new and few vendors will have parts when you need them.

Berg, on the other hand has been around for a while by one name or another and guys love em for a reason. There are also 3rd party upgrades to be found on the forums where you will find next to none fore the HR's

Just my thoughts
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
I would suggest buying the Berg axles over the HR if for no other reason beyond PROOVEN reliability.
HA! If you can keep axles in them they'd be reliable.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I've been hearing this stuff FOREVER... and it's all BULL$HIT

Think about it like this... if I were to compete against a paraplegic (no offense intended) who trains 24/7 in a single sport... chances are I will lose. Why.. simply put, the paraplegic spent more time mastering the art...

This is the same CRAP people repeat here... setup/driver... for crying outloud if a seasoned pro whos practiced for ages on a shafty beats a MOA. THIS DOES NOT MEAN the shafty is competitive or practical.

When you are on the rocks, you will notice that precise movement is key... hence the lower speeds as well. When in this situation, HOW will a shafty that consistantly lifts a leg compete with a fully planted MOA???
Old 04-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcho78 View Post

Think about it like this... if I were to compete against a paraplegic (no offense intended) who trains 24/7 in a single sport... chances are I will lose. Why.. simply put, the paraplegic spent more time mastering the art...

This is the same CRAP people repeat here... setup/driver... for crying outloud if a seasoned pro whos practiced for ages on a shafty beats a MOA. THIS DOES NOT MEAN the shafty is competitive or practical.

When you are on the rocks, you will notice that precise movement is key... hence the lower speeds as well. When in this situation, HOW will a shafty that consistantly lifts a leg compete with a fully planted MOA???
I did my first actual comp class comp two weekends ago using a 97% stock creeper and I took 5th overall out of 15. The one person that drove a berg took 4th by 1 point. So what I'm saying is yes every rig is as effective as the other.

Get a rig that you will be happy with, not what everyone else tells you that you should get. Then learn how to use what you got to your advantage, find its strong points and then find its weak points and improve on them. Not every rig will work for every driver. That is the fun in this hobby because its all up to how you want it to drive.

You can however listen to what everyone else tells you to get but where is the fun and pride in that? If someone asks you why you choose to run product A on your rig and you cant come up with another answer other then I was told to use it. Instead of, Oh I choose this product because it functions this way and and that way and it works for how I am using it. Then well...there is no pride in your rig.

Everyone wants the best thing but there is no best thing. Every product will work differently between every person.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
HOW will a shafty that consistantly lifts a leg compete with a fully planted MOA???

They do all the time, Not all shaftys have torque twist that is that bad.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Good Posting!!! I like my Venom.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

berg vs shafty the monthly arguement find a better topic or reread the old ones...
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:

Sounds like some one just dosn't know how to set up a shafty so they went and jump on the Berg bandwagon. Shafty's are for real men.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
berg vs shafty the monthly arguement find a better topic or reread the old ones...

Daily Guy who feels he needs to make some one new feel dumd.

Get over your self & just don't click on these dumd threads. It's not like you didn't know were this was going when you saw the title.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

i beat bergs in our comps with no dig. Driving skill in my opinion is 95% and 5 % rig. Its is different for everyone. I am building a MOA just for the dig set up. Will see if i like it or not. Good luck
Closed Thread