Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial ax10 stutters when turning right....HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #1

Question Axial ax10 stutters/glitches when turning right....HELP!

I just bought a used Axial ax10 that I have been trying to fix and get going. It hesitates/stutters when I turn right at almost a pulsing rate. It sometimes also torques the steering straight while turning right. It consistently does this and I have seen it do it when turning left once. Here is the information on my truck:

I currently have a Novak motor

I just recently upgraded the following when the problem started:
Installed a Thunder Power Lipo battery
Installed Side Winder speed controller
Bought a Futaba T3PM transmitter

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am hoping to get this up and going so I can go play this weekend!

Last edited by LexieVW; 05-28-2009 at 06:25 PM.
LexieVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What steering servo are you running? You made need to look into getting a BEC. Do a search for more info on one.
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #3

I am running a JR ST126MG servo. I will take a look around and see what I come up with.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

It obviously shouldnt be doing it noticably.

You might check to see if your end points on your servo are set right. And above all, check to be sure the super smart person that installed the servo didnt run the servo all the way to on side before installing the servo arm on it. Pull the arm off, Turn the endpoints on your radio wide open, and run it left to right. once it hits far right (or left) make a mark at the top center of the servo arm gear. Then turn the steering on the radio back slowy until that mark is horizantal. This should be the center of the servo, and is where you need to install the servo going as straight down as possible.
If that doesnt help, then disconnect the servo from the ESC and turn the front wheels by hand all the way to the right, and drive the rig in a circle. If that cures your problem you need a BEC. If that doesnt do the trick then the servo is bad.

Good luck.

Darryl
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Prob need a BEC for that ESC....the sidewinders don't have nearly enough BEC power to run anything IMO... Hey i was the fat judge at the comp this weekend at Hobby town.... We'll fiqure this out for ya
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Are you running a 3 cell lipo? I think you need a Castle BEC also. I had to make the steering link longer to fix mine. The steeing link from the servo to the knuckle I made longer. I tried everything to fix it. Try the BEC first.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDheavymetal View Post
Are you running a 3 cell lipo? I think you need a Castle BEC also. I had to make the steering link longer to fix mine. The steeing link from the servo to the knuckle I made longer. I tried everything to fix it. Try the BEC first.
I am running a 3 cell lipo. Sounds like you had a lot of problems! Did you try a BEC first as well and then have to do all of that as well? Thanks!