Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: First rig build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #1

Default First rig build.

I was looking at a few trail rigs and thought they were pretty cool. I don't really want a scaler but would like a nice trail rig/crawler. What would be a good chassis to start with? I don't want to go totally custom so I'd kind of prefer a kit. I was thinking of the AX-10 but didn't know how good of a trail rig that would turn out to be. I'd really like to use an PL F-250 body or the PL F-100 body if possible. I'm also in need of a good motor/esc combo to go in the truck. I already have a DX2.0 radio so I'm good with that. Any help is appreciated.
Stoke88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

if you had an ax10 and a scale chassis then theres your trail rig/crawler right there! ive heard good things about the axial scx and some people have them in our club they do well mostly stock. i was running a 55t brushed motor with a sidewinder esc on 3s lipo with good results but just put the 7t puller in there and its alot more fun haha on my rigs before i was using lipo batts i had a rooster crawler esc and a 7-8 cell mmhi batts on a 55t and that worked well also
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #3

I have a chance to buy a WK crawler conversion for $150 RTR. Should I do it? It has a K2 chassis with a pede tranny, aluminum shocks, stock electronics(I already have my own), aluminum knuckles on the front, stock 27T and stock esc, rear diff is JB welded and front is open, and the suspension and steering links are made out of steel brakeline with threaded rods inside. I more less stumbled across this truck and thought it might be a good start. Heres some pics. Whata you think?

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q.../101_00351.jpg
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q.../101_00371.jpg
Stoke88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I would suggest an Axial SCX10. It is a very good kit and a pretty easy build.

I am running a Novak Rooster Crawler esc and a 27t motor in mine. If you want some more torque then go with a 45t motor.

The Wheely King you have pictured would be ok if you do not want to spend the cash on the SCX.
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote