Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: How much weight in tires????????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default How much weight in tires????????

hi, i have a stock axial, and i was wondering how much weight i can put in the tires, while not breaking driveshafts every day???

how much weight do u guys use???
cliffclimba:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Have a flick through the Axial Section. Lots of people use different set up depending on foams, tires, conditions etc.
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

none with the stock drive shafts
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
none with the stock drive shafts
Not true!! I'm running 6ozs in each front tire and 3ozs in each rear tire with my stock driveshafts. Ran in two local comps and numerous club gtg's and no broken shafts.

Of course now that I said that Murphy's Law says I will break a shaft at Saturdays comp as I pass threw the start gate of course one:-P
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

When I first started I was using 10oz in the front and 4oz in the rear with Rock Claws on my Axial. I now run a Berg and run 8oz up front and nothing in the rear.

Drive shafts are a good upgrade anyways. Max Shafts are reasonably priced and Thundertechs are bombproof.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Try this

I've been in alot of Rock Comp this season, and I still run my stock drive shafts. I run 8oz on each front wheel and 4oz outback on each rear wheel. Most guys say I run to light, but hey it works for me and thats all that matters.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The lighter the better IMO. I used to run 7oz each front and 3oz each rear. I stepped up to Vanquish DH comps and love them. I was running full weights in the front and half in the rear. Now I run 2 weights in each front and nothing in the rear. A little light than my stock wheels with 7 and 3 but not much. I love the wheel but I would like to shed even more weight. Simple physics tells us the light something is the easier it is to get it up a hill. I dunno about you but I would rather push and empty wheel barrow up a hill than a full one.

And on the drive shaft thing. Pede half shafts work awesome. I don't even use rings and haven't broke one yet. I broke my stocker front like the first time out but my rear lasted like 8 months lol. I was kind of upset when it broke kind of a sentimental thing.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thumbs down weight

kk, il try to add about 8oz to the front, also how much of a difference, like kinda, or like a night and day

I think they need to make a Mr.T smiley
cliffclimba:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
Not true!! I'm running 6ozs in each front tire and 3ozs in each rear tire with my stock driveshafts. Ran in two local comps and numerous club gtg's and no broken shafts.

Of course now that I said that Murphy's Law says I will break a shaft at Saturdays comp as I pass threw the start gate of course one:-P
I was just a little off. Made it through course one and broke on gate 2 of the 2nd course I ran.

Although I think it had more to do with the new front overdrive gears I just put in. I've had the rig bound up more than that without the OD gears and was just fine.
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Default That might be your problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
I was just a little off. Made it through course one and broke on gate 2 of the 2nd course I ran.

Although I think it had more to do with the new front overdrive gears I just put in. I've had the rig bound up more than that without the OD gears and was just fine.

Everthing was just fine until you decided to switch things up. My hats off to you for trying, because you know if it had work for you I would have been right behind you with the switch. Lets blame the front overdrive gears " works for me ".
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

A lot of the local guys run between 6-8oz in the front and 3-4oz in the rear.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote