Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: ThunderTech out of the game??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #1

Question ThunderTech out of the game??

was just about to make a few more orders but it seems Thundertech is not only way back ordered but maybe totally out of the Clodbuster market?? I dont see any "order here" buttons for any of their parts on the, MUCH out dated web page, and it seems like they have dropped their section from a few forums I jump between. Maybe I just missed something, or a little ad timing on my part.

So whats the word??

--B
Brandxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Their not out just blame it on the bad economy. In the case of the CVDs they have to put in a minimum order for 5000 units to MIP and in this economy that's just to big of an investment. Not sure what the deal is with their chassis stuff but I figure it's along the same lines.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

They arent out by ANY means. I crawl with them and have been working with them on the I hobby crawling course on an almost daily basis.

As stated above they have a min order quantity for cvds. From talking to them, they are taking phone orders and trying their best to get all their Short Course trucks out the door. This is a very bad time for the hobby industry all companies are scaling back.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #4

Good to hear, they are still alive!!

Is that the official word?? I only ask cause if they are still in the game, wouldnt it be good to reflect that in their web page, and other public places?? i can understand the scaling back, i even have to ask for water when i go out to dinner these days....and lemon in my ice tea, well thats like a unicorn hunting for a pot of gold. But makes sense to me to make sure things that relay the good news are up and running as best as possible.

As for the CVD's, well i just read like a hand full of guys basically snatched all of the last order, if thats true....thanks guys, way to share!! Had I known there was an actual delivery date I might have gotten at least one set. But I'm also looking at their Clod steering kits, maybe I'm lame but i haven't seen where it says "phone orders welcome."

Well maybe next time an order is pending they will give a heads up, that i wont have to troll through half a dozen forums to get a wisper of...after the fact. *rant off*
Brandxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

TTR has been out of stock for their CVD's for quite some time. Anyone who purchased some of these recently would have gotten them from another vendor, not TTR directly.

I know we have our phone number at the top of every page on our site, but I know other R/C companies that only use a "Contact Us" form. I thought TTR had their number listed on the site, but I can't access it now to confirm.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thunder Tech is currently talking with MIP to see if we can get a smaller minimum order without incuring big settup / per piece increases for the shorter run. We should know the status in the next few days and have an ETA on the Clod CVD's after arangements are worked out.
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Hateraide

we cant wait, hopefully it will be all good and they will be back on the market
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Well Ill be the first to say thank you TTR! You listened to the people and are working at a solution. I think thats commendable and your devotion to promoting and supporting this hobby is comforting in the least. I thank you sirs.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #9

Hopefully TTR will get an order in. I could realy use a couple pairs and a spare or two.
CoolRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
TTR has been out of stock for their CVD's for quite some time. Anyone who purchased some of these recently would have gotten them from another vendor, not TTR directly.

I know we have our phone number at the top of every page on our site, but I know other R/C companies that only use a "Contact Us" form. I thought TTR had their number listed on the site, but I can't access it now to confirm.

I found their phone #
815-467-0621
fasa_00 is offline   Reply With Quote