Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Which links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Which links?

Hey guys, I've read and reread the tlt to crawler for noobs sticky and I have one question. On the first page it says to order 96mm and 108mm T-Maxx links; but on the second page it says 108mm and 118mm? Other than overall wheelbase, what will this affect and which one should I buy? Thanks.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

well with the 108 and 118 links the axle would be tilted forward or backwards depending on what size link is on top and what size is on bottom. i beleive the 96 and 108 are tho ones that will give you the correct alignment.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hey thanks for the info. I'm new to the crawlin' thing but not to rc in general. I just ordered my tlt today and am going to order up all of the stuff to go ahead and stretch it tommorow so that I can just build it as a crawler right from the start. Also this might be the wrong place but I run in dirt and rocks here in Western North Carolina; which 2.2 tire would be best the moabs or the swamp dogs?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
well with the 108 and 118 links the axle would be tilted forward or backwards depending on what size link is on top and what size is on bottom. i beleive the 96 and 108 are tho ones that will give you the correct alignment.
what wheel base would you have with the 108 and 118 with stock chassis?
Turboduck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy
Hey thanks for the info. I'm new to the crawlin' thing but not to rc in general. I just ordered my tlt today and am going to order up all of the stuff to go ahead and stretch it tommorow so that I can just build it as a crawler right from the start. Also this might be the wrong place but I run in dirt and rocks here in Western North Carolina; which 2.2 tire would be best the moabs or the swamp dogs?
I think if you do a quick search you will find very quickly that overwhelmingly Moabs. That is, if you want to crawl.
crawlak is offline   Reply With Quote