Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to clods and crawlers and wanted an informed opinion :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 AM   #1

Default New to clods and crawlers and wanted an informed opinion :)

I've have some ideas cooking around in my head for a wild monster basher/crawler and thanks to this website i see no reason not to indulge in what will surely be my next addiction .

Now my need for opinions involves some basic setup. Firstly i want a crawler and a bash truck, something i can make a couple adjustments throw in new pinions and crawl with or swap it again and have a semi quick truck to play with.

I've always been a fan of flying monsters so this truck will see air time, i would also like it to have the ability to be fast as in 20mph or so, yes i know these trucks arent the greatest handling things ever built but it'll fly much higher at 20 than it will at 15 ;).

Basicly i'm wondering what chassis would be well suited for this kind of thing, and still be able to crawl with a couple changes, I.E swapping pinions or motors.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

J~
TheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2005, 08:24 AM   #2

maybe i should narrow this down a tad bit, i'm looking at the esp clodzilla 4, the ripper pro, or possibly the gecko or G2, on a side note does anyone know if the bennet equipment chassis are still in production anywhere?

J~
Old 12-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Say hello to my dactylion

Changing pinions may be a pain in the a$$... one other option would be to run a Novak EVX ESC from an e-maxx then you could run one battery pack for crawling (brdging the non- power battery plug) then hook up a second for bashing, and the added weight of the second pack on the chassis would help with the jumping thing. (Hey electronics experts... could you run 14.4v on a series setup with out damaging anyting? Also if he runs 55t lathes and 13t pinions can the 55t motors handel 14.4v?)
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

Two Lathe's wired in series present to the ESC a 110 turn load, and use half the battery voltage each. Like running each motor on 7.2 volts.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #5

I kind of figured on running a pair of 55t motors for crawling and a pair of maybe 17 turn motors for bashing, i'm also trying to secure a super rooster to power this beast as well as the traxxas radio with the switch mod so it will operate the rear steering, is there any other radio besides a 4plus channel i could do this with? and i'm really leaning towards the esp chassis, does anyone crawl with this rig or is it ill suited to crawling?

J~