Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Buying an artr ax10 or the ax10 rct wtih same upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Buying an artr ax10 or the ax10 rct wtih same upgrades

Im looking at buying the axial ax10 artr, i already have batterys and a charger but would be upgrading to the futuba 3 channel fm pistol with two servos ,the axiel rear steer kit, and the novak rooster 55T esc/motor combo, my question is would it be better to buy the rtc version then same the stock compents with these plus metal links? Is there a better motor or esc than the novak rooster one?
greenjeeper92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well, first thing is, rear steer is very cool to play around with, but is illegal to use for 2.2 compitition, according to the rules. Get whichever you like, and remember, you will like and not like certain things about your rig at first, but that can only be learned with driving time. Swapping out the tires will probably be one of your first mods, as they make a huge difference.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeeper92 View Post
Im looking at buying the axial ax10 artr, i already have batterys and a charger but would be upgrading to the futuba 3 channel fm pistol with two servos ,the axiel rear steer kit, and the novak rooster 55T esc/motor combo, my question is would it be better to buy the rtc version then same the stock compents with these plus metal links? Is there a better motor or esc than the novak rooster one?
I wouldn't mess with an fm radio. If you are looking at the 3pm fm it does not have proper rear steer mixing or a 3position switch for rearsteer/dig. The futaba 3pm x 2.4 is a great crawler radio that has mixing for rear steer and a 3 position switch for rearsteer/dig so ya can go either way. Plus ya won't have to worry about channel interference. The the s3003/s3005 servos that come with the futaba radios are not metal geared and don't have near enough torque for crawler steering. Ya need a name brand metal geared servo with at least 200oz torque. The novak rooster imho is a poor choice because it will not not handle lipo 3cells. The FXR combos are the best bang for the buck out there. The sidewinder would be my second choice. It really doesn't much matter if ya start with the artr/rtr/rtc you're gonna end up throwing most of the stock parts away anyway.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
It really doesn't much matter if ya start with the artr/rtr/rtc you're gonna end up throwing most of the stock parts away anyway.

Oh so very true.....No matter what rig you have, you will be modding in search of that extra tiny bit of edge over your competitors.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote