Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Would I be Cheating?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #1

Default Would I be Cheating?

Very new to the crawling world and was at a small event were they had a course set up.There was a guy there that had a berg crawler and that thing was awsome,I have a edge and a darksoul losi mini that i just got up and running.While standing around and watching this guy for a bit he let me drive it WOW.... now I want one.Question is while standing there I also heard a few guys say" Thats Cheating" can someone fill me in

thanks
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yeah its called stupidity or jealousy.. there legal for 2.2
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

people that drrive shaffty's I.E. drive shafty cars always say bergs are cheating its just a old joke bergs IMHO out perform shafty's. yes there will be people on here that will disagree with that but i have both and my berg is by far a better rig the cheating part comes from haveing 2 motors vs a shafty that only has one and when you have 2 motors it allows for front and rear dig.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Just my 2 cents but to me a berg is so good that compared to the rest it almost feels like your cheating. Thats why I bought one after someone let me drive theirs.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

That's just an excuse people who get beat by MOA's say (not thinking that it might be their driving)
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #6

Yes it also had the front and rear dig,Very cool
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Its just a excuse people use for getting beat.

Kinda like the one I hear allot "If I had all those sponsors and that High dollar rig I could win 2":?
I know I have a couple of friends that pick on me about that but that's all they are doing is picking but some guys really say it and think its true.
If they only really had a clue.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Who's your Daddy-0!

I think I'm going to make a new investment! For the 2010 I'm going to build say 5 Burgs. I'm going to rent them out at comps! Everyone thinks that if they just had a Berg with a good setup that they could win or finish in the top 5! I'm going to build them, rent them out and we shall see!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I think I'm going to make a new investment! For the 2010 I'm going to build say 5 Burgs. I'm going to rent them out at comps! Everyone thinks that if they just had a Berg with a good setup that they could win or finish in the top 5! I'm going to build them, rent them out and we shall see!
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I tell ya what I would rent one. but I am not taking the insurance policy
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post

Kinda like the one I hear allot "If I had all those sponsors and that High dollar rig I could win 2":?
Wait, you sure that's not the way it works???
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I know quite a few guys that could run circles around me with any rig out there.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
"If I had all those sponsors and that High dollar rig I could win 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Wait, you sure that's not the way it works???
So thats why I can't win against Joe!?!?! :?

redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
So thats why I can't win against Joe!?!?! :?

Yes, as soon as your list of sponsors gets longer than his, you'll beat him.....don't take my word for it, you just have to believe:-P
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I was previously into F/E boats and in that case as well as a few others where yes $$$$ does play a big part in a win. For example trying to run 12 cells nihm next a guy running 4s lipo. Just as the boats sit there the one running lipo will walk away from the nihm guy . simple factor of volts and weight. Ok the both still need to cross the line but the lipo guy will (/10 times cross 1st unless he makes a mistake. Thats all great for the guy running nihm he just has w=to wait for the whole pack to makes mistakes so he can catch up.... Pretty sure this wouls apply to cars also. And planes....I am by no means saying the most expensive rig will win but it sure does help to have good gear onboard....That guy running the old novac rooster just dont quite have the same edge as the guy rinning an FXR. I tried competeing with my shafty withjout a dig I shoulda stayed home there wasnt a chance to even get thru the coarse without it... Just a few thoughts..........
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Very new to the crawling world and was at a small event were they had a course set up.There was a guy there that had a berg crawler and that thing was awsome,I have a edge and a darksoul losi mini that i just got up and running.While standing around and watching this guy for a bit he let me drive it WOW.... now I want one.Question is while standing there I also heard a few guys say" Thats Cheating" can someone fill me in

thanks
They may have also been referring to pre-running the course, or two drivers using the same rig...

Likely they were just mad their shafty was beat by a MOA.

Here locally, we have one of the world's best drivers that drives a losi shafty, and a few really good guys in the top five with an AX10 (SparkyJ?) that can walk all over the MOA guys. Saying that though, having the best equipment can outwiegh some lack of driver skill. (Like what lonewolf was talking about.)

Take a sportsman class AX10, and a Pro-Built MOA (berg or bully, don't matter) and put them in the hands of an average driver. The chances are they are going to get through the course quicker and with less penalties with the MOA than they will with the stock AX (DUH!)

The debate gets more interesting when you are talking about the same class of crawler (pro-built Losi CC vs. pro-built MOA.)

In the end, talk to whoever runs your local comps, they will let you know if something you are doing is considered "cheating."
Oh yeah, and there's the USRCCA rules too. Check those out.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 11-30-2009 at 11:31 AM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
RCC Addict

The guys rig may have just fallen out of spec when he was runnig it. Thtas the reason for the "cheating". WOW it sure is easy to stir up the MOA peeps. hahaha.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote