Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Fox wants to learn to crawl...(scale crawler)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Fox wants to learn to crawl...(scale crawler)

I've been thinking about it for the last few months..and I'd like to get into crawling...more interested in teh scale stuff...I may be new to crawling..but not new to electric RCs...other vehicles I own include a MMM E-Revo...VXL Slash,VXL Rustler VXL Mini Revo and a stock E-10

So I'm already set on batteries for a crawler..I have some 2s 2200Mah Turnigy LiPos...and I have an M11 transmitter with FM modules...I just not sure where to start with scale...I"d like to pick up a used scaler first VS buying a new rig...(budget purposes)

so yea..any tips or pointers or rigs that would be good to start with that you guys know of. I had one crawler in mind..the Axial SXC10

EDIT: I also found this scaler on eBay.: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks,

Fox

Last edited by Shadow Fox; 12-08-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Shadow Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

stick 2 a new kit, i would also recommend the scx10! their newest trail honcho kit is really cool. and for esc n motor pick up the FX-R with 35t combo for 99.99 at stormerhobbies, u already have radio n batts, n if u dont have a servo laying around pick up a decent to high torque steering servo and ur set with 1 of the most capable scale crawlers! hope this helps!
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
dnf

I would like to get into scale as well but the budget wont allow.

I think the scaler on e-bay looks good.wouldnt bid to high though.

I would definatley buy a used truck,be patient.in this economy if you have the funds you can get alot of truck for your money
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I've looked at the Axial Honcho and I'm liking it. and I love that it's gonna come with all hex hardware means less tools for me to look around for lol

seeming it doesn't come out till after X-Mas..i might put it on my B-Day wish list...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

the axial scx10 line is a good place to stop and already has great aftermarket support.
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

get a SCX 10 TR. It got me into scale and now is far from being stock. There very capable right out the box, just throw one of your rx's in and go.
dezslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i was in the same boat as you, i came from a vxl rusty to scalers.. i went with the cc-01 because i basically traded a 4600motor+$15 for a cc-01 pajero rtr..

one thing i have to say is i wish i woulda got something bigger, like that ebay link, or the scx10.
i like running in the mud, snow, whatever, you pick it my pajeros been in it.

also, i don't have many body options, thats another - with the cc-01 chassis..
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

if I do buy a new..I want a kit...half the fun of being in the RC hobby... =P

I'm really leaning towards the SCX10 Honcho..I love the looks of it..and the cage..ads even more options...and I"ve got a nice set of beadlocks with centercaps I bought originally for my Slash..but the inner beadlock ring rubbed against the A-Arm..so they haven't been used since...also ahve a set of Slash Epics...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I agree with the other guys buy new. I have a venom creeper but surfing around here I really like the scale stuff some unbeliveabel work peopep are doing.I dont have one but would recomend the axial hancho kit I belive it just came out and the photos Ive seen it looks killer.Good luck and keep us posted.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

everywhere I look it says it'll be in stock around January 6th..i can pre-order it though on Amain and Tower
Old 12-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
everywhere I look it says it'll be in stock around January 6th..i can pre-order it though on Amain and Tower
get the honcho! on axials site it says shops will have it by the 22nd of december. and couple people already have em, also ultimate hobbies showed they had em in stock for a period of time... i have mine on order from my LHS im hoping to get it b4 the 22nd!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
get the honcho! on axials site it says shops will have it by the 22nd of december. and couple people already have em, also ultimate hobbies showed they had em in stock for a period of time... i have mine on order from my LHS im hoping to get it b4 the 22nd!

ah ok cool just checked out the site...I'll have to ask the parents when they get home from work :-P
Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
ah ok cool just checked out the site...I'll have to ask the parents when they get home from work :-P
sounds good!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
stick 2 a new kit, i would also recommend the scx10! their newest trail honcho kit is really cool. and for esc n motor pick up the FX-R with 35t combo for 99.99 at stormerhobbies, u already have radio n batts, n if u dont have a servo laying around pick up a decent to high torque steering servo and ur set with 1 of the most capable scale crawlers! hope this helps!

took a look into that FX-R set up as well..looks like a great set up...plus LVC for my liPos..and seems like a great price...I'll add it to my wishlist.

EDIT: now..it says it's programmable via PC link...can I use my current Castle link hardware for it? then just download the Tekin software? or do I need to buy the PC link for Tekin?