Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new RTC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #1

Default new RTC

I bought an Axial RTC about 2 months ago. I have since upgraded some parts. I bought bent lower aluminum suspension links, steering links, a new steering servo (HS-645mg), relocated my 6 cell NiMH to the back axle, added 7oz of weight to the front tires, trimmed the body, and preloaded the left rear shock.

My question, what should I do next?

-Tires (I hear a lot about Rovers and Panthers what about the roc lox 2.2's they are really tall but I think that the extra belly clearance will help.)

-4 link (front/rear or both)

- Metal c's

-MIP drivelines (I have broke one front already but I replaced with a $7 stock one.)

-Shocks

-Other
kdholland01tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'd go with tires. And definitely ALUMINUM PARTS! But what do you want to do witg it like competitions.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the roc loxs are more of a scale tire and just not sticky enough to be a comp tire, but if you want an rc4wd comp tire id go with the x-locs but i have the panther cougars and they are awsome still pretty tall too
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #4

I don't think that i will be going to any comps but I will just be cruising around on the water feature in my backyard ( with the water turned off of couse). I will also prob take it with me when I take out my 1:1 Jeep.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

x2 on or switching out the plastic with metal ..but do your self a favor and do a 4 link too cause the 3link connector is very week, and i have broke many.. then get a new e.s.c. so you can pump more voltage
CustomCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCrawlerZ View Post
x2 on or switching out the plastic with metal ..but do your self a favor and do a 4 link too cause the 3link connector is very week, and i have broke many.. then get a new e.s.c. so you can pump more voltage
I was looking @ the FXR esc (seems to be very popular) but will it help if I am still running NiMH 6 cell batteries?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdholland01tj View Post
I don't think that i will be going to any comps but I will just be cruising around on the water feature in my backyard ( with the water turned off of couse). I will also prob take it with me when I take out my 1:1 Jeep.
then the roc locs are pretty cool for just vashing around then, and yes 4 link it if ya can ive broke even the alum. 3 links oh and if ya can get a good esc and saddle pack batts if ya can youll like the saddle pack much better when they are on the front axle!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yes and no .... your not going to be any faster but its a far better e.s.c. plus you can program to your needs.. drag brake and all that good stuff ..the fxr also claims that it can handle a 3s lipo(11.1v) with a 35t motor...
also keep in mind the voltage(power) you have the more parts your gonna be replaceing. the 6 cells will work.. but you would not be takeing full advantage of the features that the fxr has to offer
CustomCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
then the roc locs are pretty cool for just vashing around then, and yes 4 link it if ya can ive broke even the alum. 3 links oh and if ya can get a good esc and saddle pack batts if ya can youll like the saddle pack much better when they are on the front axle!

Are the roc lox stickier than the stock tires I have? If not I think that I will get panthers or rovers.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdholland01tj View Post
Are the roc lox stickier than the stock tires I have? If not I think that I will get panthers or rovers.
they are stickier than the hammers (what comes stock on rtc) but the hammers are still a great bash tire (like back yard driving) but really if you want a great tire id suggest the panther cougar not too tall (im not a fan of having bike looking tires on a crawler) but still tall they are like 5. something inches not sure but around .30 i think. ive never felt/ had/ driven the roc locs but i do have the x3?? compund that they come in and its fairly gripy (on a diff tire in 1.9)
Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

before you change the esc, replace the radio
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga275 View Post
before you change the esc, replace the radio
I am assuming with something like a 3 channel? This is the first RC car I have ever had.........

Next ????

Will the new ESC get rid of the crappy delay when I go from Rev to FWD?