Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to this forum and crawling!!!!HELP!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #1

Talking new to this forum and crawling!!!!HELP!!!!

hi guys im new to crawling and have just bought a HSP 1/8 scale crawler of ebay for $200,im just wondering if they r any good?can u buy different bodies and parts for them,i am looking to get 4 wheel steer and some good tyres,wat do u guys recomend?any feedback would be a great help
runner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #2

!!!!!!!!!!!!help anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
RCC Addict

From what I have read online the axles are junk....
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #4

anyone else know anything about them?
Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
www.team3sixrc.com

this is kinda why you should investigate before you buy something. Im sure there are many other choices you could of gone in.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
RCC Addict

the easiest to get a better crawler is to sell the hsp and spend more mony on a good crawler with good components. and like team3six said do your reasearch. use the search bar and go through each thread and see what you may like and then you can go from there.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #7

but if no one knows wat there like then maybe there ok theres no point spending more money if u dont have to
Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
www.team3sixrc.com

there are a lot of us guys who have taken steps to getting where we want. I have been guilty in the past of buying something cheap in hopes to get my digs in and eventually you find that your stuck with something that if you would of just saved your money you would of been better off.

There is nothing wrong with trying it and seeing if its something you like, I just hate to see people buy a cheapo rig and then get pissed because they can do anything with it to compete and then they just get out.

We all have to start somewhere, but if a super is the direction you want to go in, then take your baby steps and give it a roll with what you purchased. Just don't get upset and decide your done if it doesn't work out for you. keep it as a beater, or sell it for what you can get for it. then save your money and buy something worth while.

No one ever said this hobby was cheap or affordable, nothing in RC is if its done worth while. I have 12 rigs now, all scalers well worth $800.00 to $1200.00 a piece. You start out stock and go from there.

P.S., I know we guys here at RCC are hard on you newbies, I'm guilty there too and by no means am I an expert. Please take your time to type a message and spell things correctly. This isn't a bash on you, but its that much harder to read something 2-3 times then one and understand your thoughts. Downloading Google chrome is a great tool and will help you correct your spelling issues. take the time to proof read it. An extra 2 minutes is worth it for an intelligent conversation that one can understand.

Every time I here someone wanting a 1/10 crawler I always point them in the direction of the Axial. Its the most affordable, dependable, upgradeable, truck available on the market. you cant go wrong! But then people say they are getting the Venom instead because of the price. The price is dropping down for a reason and its not because they are great rigs. Not that they are bad rigs, but because they are not as interchangeable and upgradeable as one wants them to be.

One can use these forums to learn and exceed, or one can challenge the beliefs and make something out of nothing if it can be done. but very few ever reach that plateau. Every company building knock offs are just trying to make their money too. there main target is the unexperienced. If you look for a reliable rig to start off with, go with something tried and true and you'll have no complaints.

Last edited by team3six; 01-03-2010 at 01:19 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

well, i am still a bit of a noob. though my advice doesn't stray far from the experienced. a 1/10 axial is bulletproof for noobs. easy to understand and upgrade to a pretty serious crawler. i started with an axial AX10 RTR
and i am still very happy with it, even though it changes based on my mood.
i am now in the process of building my first scaler. its not an easy process, it requires lots of planning, and if you don't know how to do something, I.E. brazing, you have to find someone, like i did. anyways planning is the key word here. you don't wanna just go out and buy something because its cheap. you wouldn't do that with a real car, so why would you try that with a smaller car?

and with the "hard on noobs" talk, these guys are very willing to help anyone out, but they ask very little use proper english, and use the search button, thats pretty much it. good luck
LS1Armyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

you must be overseas. i believe the HSP over there, is the Integy IROCK over here. you can do a search for the irock and see if it's the same.

if so, you will have to decide for yourself.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

If it is the same truck as the Integy iRock, then at least you can buy replacement gears and such for it. There's at least 1 plus. You allready bought it, so I say just run it and get your feet wet. You might like it. You might not.
PDXFNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i did a lil google search on the hsp. It is identical to an integy irock. thats good and bad news for you.
good-spares parts will be available and somethings may be interchangable like tires,wheels,motors and general stuff.
bad new- ask anyone on this forum they never have good luck with integy stuff.
id say list it on ebay get what you can out of it. then go by a axial rtc and go from there, but you could also run it and see if you like it.
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

personally i would keep it. it is basically an integy irock. yes integy quality is not the best, but that doesn't mean you should sell it. my reasoning is that MOST people that buy an ax10 usually mod almost the entire truck so yours would be no different.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote