Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Need help using the search function here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help using the search function here

I have not been able to find what I am searching for on this site. Is the search function picky about wording or syntax?
I feel I must be using the wrong search terms. For instance trying to locate a thread/post about the Axial reverse speed fix I used "axial wiring fix" "Axial reverse problem", and a few other wordings and got no results.
I am trying to search things on my own without giving the usual newby problem of reposting things that have been hashed to death already. I also am tired of being flamed on sites for not trying to help myself.
Can someone give me a quick tutorial on using the search function on this site? Please?
colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

What exactly is your problem? The truck goes faster in reverse than it does in forward?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I haven't noticed it being overly picky or finicky about anything... except the time between searches. If I was you and had a specific question about a rock crawler I owned, I would ask it in the brand specific forum for that crawler... you will get the most knowledgable answer there. I also haven't noticed much flaming on this website... I think the moderators typically take care of that.
nstn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the responses. I am finding that every site has different search requirements and I do not think I figured this one out yet. Some sites you can just type in the request, some the words have to be separated by a comma, some have to have the words in quotes, etc..
I am totally new to the RC world and just got my first crawler so I am going to need a lot of help. I do not want to be one to post over and over things that have been covered already.
I have been told that there is little chance of flaming on here and I think this site will get used the most. Already learned a lot just lurking here.
colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #5

It is a good idea to use the advanced search and go brand specific for some questions as it will help narrow down the search to more of what you are looking for.
cptnmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I am having the same problem. I don't know how these experts look up threads so well. Is there a feature on the site that allows me to save a tread instead of searching for it again?
Ramset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
Is there a feature on the site that allows me to save a tread instead of searching for it again?
You can always bookmark the thread on your internet browser....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
I am having the same problem. I don't know how these experts look up threads so well. Is there a feature on the site that allows me to save a tread instead of searching for it again?
or you can subscribe to the thread as well. on the top of the thread there will be a dropdown named "thread tools" if you click that you will get a list of things and one is called "subscribe to thread". if you click that you will get a new page with some options for notifications on updates to the threads. this is personal preference here....
weck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I searched for:

Axial reverse

and used the Show Posts option and it came up with this:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1590272

I'm not sure what issue you're having but maybe this will get you started. ;)
92PathSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by weck View Post
or you can subscribe to the thread as well. on the top of the thread there will be a dropdown named "thread tools" if you click that you will get a list of things and one is called "subscribe to thread". if you click that you will get a new page with some options for notifications on updates to the threads. this is personal preference here....
I did not know that was what it meant to subscribe to a thead. Thanks much guys.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstn8 View Post
I haven't noticed it being overly picky or finicky about anything... except the time between searches.
That is my biggest gripe. I bought a star partly so it would help with my searching since it was supposed to allow advanced Boolean searches. I can't tell any difference since buying the star except I have a larger message capacity and can enter contests. I think star buying members shouldn't have to wait between searches; it gets old fast and burns a lot of time. There, now that I have that out I feel gobs better!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I just need some tips to search well. I am home with 2 of the 3 children throwing up and have been searching alot today to learn how to search. I was given some alum. knuckles from GH Racing and i searched to see if they improve steering and no matter what words i use in the advanced search i get like 190-300 results each attempt.