Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Im so confused!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Im so confused!!!!!!

I am new to rock crawling and have limited exp. with anything RC. But I want a rock crawler. Money is a factor (I have about 400.00 to spend). I have looked at used LCC's, New LNC's, New Axial ARTR's, Venom Creepers, etc. I do plan to compete in the future so I want something I can upgrade as needed. I dont have anything as far as radio or parts laying around, so I am going to have to buy everything. I like the Axial ARTR and have almost purchased it several times because i have found what I believe is a good deal online for everything. But what I dont like about them is how high they sit so high. I want something that sits low like the LCC. Can the ARTR be lowered down so the COG is like the LCC? There are a ton of after market parts for the ARTR but I have also see many ARTR's as comp. rigs. Like i said im really confused as to what to get, I know there isnt a perfect solution unless I build a custom rig, but that isnt budget friendly at the time. I have looked at so many different options and have changed my mind so many times im starting to get a head ache,LOL. Any help you guys can give it greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
FlatTire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

You already have a star. I would just sit back and watch the classifieds for the rig you want. do you want MOA or a shafty? that will be the driving factor I think...decide on that and then buy...should be able to get a great used rig for $400
weck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

the axial artr is what i run well ran! there are only a few stock parts left it was ok out of the box but ugly and had a high cog. But man if you want to slowly upgrade and work on your truck and turn it from a toy to a machine its a great truck with tons of option parts and an amazing amount of information here about it
budro kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I agree buying a good used crawler is the way to go. You may want to save up & buy a good radio later but you should be able to get a good comp ready crawler for your $400 mark. I got my Berg for $360 minus radio & reciever. Most used crawlers are sold without radio equipment.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote