Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to berg any tip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #1

Default new to berg any tip

i just got a newage kit and have run 1 comp with it (thank you to the ckrc guys for fast shipping after they got them in) got the kit on a thurs and comp was the following sat got my a$$ handed to me:-(. do to bad weather the first run with it was the day of the comp. i am running the fx-r pro 2 novak 45turn motors punk rc dig switch jp lockouts 2 cell lipo (plan on a 3 cell when i can upgrade the motors). dose any one have any tips that might help me for now. i am going to get the t1e rockshow in time but i have to get a berg for my wife first (the only bad thing about that is i have to buy 2 of eveything) i am the 1st one of my club to have a MOA and do not want to let the darkside down any tips will help thanks.
gram lanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Any pics of your current setup? Not sure how you have it now. Are you running the complete Berg kit or just the axles? Will be easier to give tips if I can see what you currently have.
MikeBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #3

it is the kit.the only upgrades is jp lockouts and the clocking kit. still need to do the clocking. as for pic i will asap but i am computer stupid need to wait for the wife for that. i also put 3/4 stoppers in the stock shocks

Last edited by gram lanier; 01-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I know that when I first got mine it articulated too much so I found that limiting the shocks helped alot. Also I shaved weight wherever I could because it was too heavy. Eventually I replaced everything other than the axles but it got me started.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Also are you new to crawling or just MOA?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #6

just moa had a ax10 before. how much different is the setup from a shafty.

Last edited by gram lanier; 01-20-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Other than needing a new chassis, just practice! Try to get familiar with your rig and once you get where you can predict it, you will be glad you went moa.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

You didn't mention tires and wheel but I would get some negtive offset wheel to narrow your track width and some white compound rovers with Nova foams. And limit your articulation.

During the compwhat seem to big the biggest problems you had?
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
RCC Addict

i know it wasnt the weather at stoddard wells as that day was pretty awesome. i dont have a moa but one thing i may suggest is holding off on your wifes rig for a little while. nothing can be worse than trying to get 2 rigs that you are completely unfamiliar with dialed in along with her frustration when it doesnt work and trying to explain to you what the problem is when you are still trying to get familiar with it. once you do get yours working well let her drive it and make sure that type of rig is what she is definitely going to want. it would suck for you to spend that kind of money twice for her not to really like that type of rig when your axial dialed in may be just the ticket for her. i know my wife doesnt really enjoy my hustler as much as she enjoys her sw3. you could also get ahold of david wray over on our socal site as his seems to be doing very well at all of our comps this year. good luck on the new rig
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=cutlaSS;2246280]get some negtive offset wheel to narrow your track width and some white compound rovers with Nova foams. And limit your articulation.

X2 Ya don't need new motors to run 3s. A little weight in the front, none in the rear. Keep the weight low and practice. I've seen the kits set up and working pretty good!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #11

thanks for all the info.practice with is what i needed got 8th in a local comp and 2nd in the last weekly practice comp we will see how i do at hoursemans park at the end of feb. my wife played with my berg and likes it alot know she trys to break her rig so she can use mine so i got her a set of hr power axles($125 for both new).