Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: LNC or RS10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default LNC or RS10

ok I have been looking between the two trucks and want to know the benfits of the LNC?
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #2

RS10=Junk.LCC= great start for a comp crawler.Do some research,read some posts.Lots of answers for your question here all you have to do is use the search feature.
1428turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1428turbo View Post
RS10=Junk.LCC= great start for a comp crawler.Do some research,read some posts.Lots of answers for your question here all you have to do is use the search feature.
What makes the RS10 junk? Cuz thats what others say so it must be true, right!!

The RS10 IS a great entry level rig, it is new and not many people know much about it so they assume its junk. Alot depends on what you plan to do, whether it be comp or casual. Both are great truck and there is ALOT coming for the RS10 both through Redcat and Krawler Hobbies. I have a RS10 and Im very impressed with its capability right out of the box. Theres a ton of cheap mods you can do to it and still have a cost less then the LNC. My advice is do some reading in the RS10 forum and the Losi forum and make your decision from there. As for customer service, Redcat IS second to non!!!!
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
The RS10 IS a great entry level rig, it is new and not many people know much about it so they assume its junk.
Being new can't be used as a valid point in this argument though....It's been out longer than both the LCC and the LNC.

You could say it's an off-brand with less brand recognition and parts support and be correct, but being "new" has nothing to do with it.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcircus View Post
Being new can't be used as a valid point in this argument though....It's been out longer than both the LCC and the LNC.

You could say it's an off-brand with less brand recognition and parts support and be correct, but being "new" has nothing to do with it.
New brand in crawlin, yes. As far as parts support, they have the best support and parts availibility Ive seen, They have only been out since June/July and I think the LCC has been out alittle longer. And yes being "NEW" is every reason people say they are "JUNK". But thanks for your input.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

thanks for input I am really not sure if I want the MOA truck but I will keep looking around
Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Losi is a compnay that has been around for a very long time and has a great reputation. Redcat isn't as old of a company and at least locally, are touted as a slight step up from toy grade rc's, not even base level hobby grade. Is it because Redcat is new? No. It's because we have seen their products before.
Is the Redcat crawler better than the Losi? Highly doubtful. Is it a decent rig? Only time will tell but I would spend the extra bit of money and get something good, whether it's a Losi, an Axial, or whatever. Just whatever you get, see if it's supported locally so you can get parts and maybe some service for it when you need it, because they will all need it at one point or another, some brands just need less.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have the LNC and its the best crawler I have owned. I sold my scorpion to buy this one. I spent a ton on fixing up my axial to get it to perform the way I wanted. Checkout and learn as much as possible. About the trucks u want and if possible see if anyone around ya has one and see if ya can try it out.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

There is very little crawling going on near where I live I will just keep doing research
Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default I have both

I have both trucks and to be honest the LNC is a higher quality of build. The first things I noticed were the slop in most of the suspension and steering on the Redcat and the plastic seems softer than most high end rc. it was real hard to feel when the bead locks were snugging up and i ended up striping some of the holes. Fyi i am a professional mechanic for a living and know how to use my tools. But in all fairness the redcat is still a blast to play with. I got it for my son and he beats it up real good and it still keeps on going. It crawls pretty good with a different set of tires and i picked up the 8 tooth pinion gears to pick up a little more torque. Oh and an other thing, you will definatly need to upgrade the steering servos before you can expect the rear end to track well on the rocks. I striped the rear servo out early on and just replaced it with a crap one i had laying around. Personaly I think you will have more fun crawling up difficult lines with the losi but if u want to bash your way around a mountain the redcat will do just fine. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. This if the first time ive ever posted anything so bare with me.
zagscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
New brand in crawlin, yes. As far as parts support, they have the best support and parts availibility Ive seen, They have only been out since June/July and I think the LCC has been out alittle longer. And yes being "NEW" is every reason people say they are "JUNK". But thanks for your input.
Best parts availability? Really? I'm not meaning to be argumentative, but I can go into just about any LHS and find Losi parts hanging on hooks on the wall and every part on the LCC or LNC is available for purchase through several online sites.

The LCC and RS10 both came out the beginning of June.

Even before they came out with the crawlers though, Redcat had earned their niche in the market as entry level. Nothing wrong with that, someone has to provide for that segment of the buying public. If it weren't for entry level trucks, quite a few people might bypass the hobby altogether.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Everyone that I have talked to that have a Rs10 really like it and say its a awesome rig for the money. There is going to be more part support for the losi as of now, but the redcat is suppose to be having more part support soon. I wouldnt hesitate on buying either.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcircus View Post
Best parts availability? Really? I'm not meaning to be argumentative, but I can go into just about any LHS and find Losi parts hanging on hooks on the wall and every part on the LCC or LNC is available for purchase through several online sites.

How many times have you broke a part cuz you did something wrong and Losi sent you a new part free? As for online stores, there are quite a few including Krawler Hobbies. Might not be off the wall in LHS but the parts are readily avail. As for Redcats customer service, it is second to non.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How many times have you broke a part cuz you did something wrong and Losi sent you a new part free? As for online stores, there are quite a few including Krawler Hobbies. Might not be off the wall in LHS but the parts are readily avail. As for Redcats customer service, it is second to non.
You're getting too emotionally involved in your responses. I'm not trying to knock your truck of choice, calm down.

The original question was, and is:
Quote:
ok I have been looking between the two trucks and want to know the benfits of the LNC?
And one of the benefits is parts availability, which is important in our hobby. The Redcat doesn't have the same availability that the Losi does, period. Just checked Krawler Hobbies and I don't see a single stock replacement part for the Redcat on the site. It's possible I overlooked them, but they're not listed under "Redcat Racing". A Google search for 'Redcat RS10 replacement parts' yeilded nothing as well.

Can't say I've had any parts replaced free because of something I've done wrong, but I haven't asked either. But my LCC kit did come missing a part and a quick email had the part on the way to me, no questions asked. Sounds like both companies have excellent customer service. That's always a good thing.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i think it would be cool to test a rs10 an axial and a losi and see who has more crawlability i think the rs10 looks almost exactly like a axial with a few changes but im kinda interested in the super for the price
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Out of the box RS10 with only bent lowers and true 4 linked, and my buddies AX10 couldnt hang. But Im onto building a Bully now so his AX10 relly wont have a chance!!! lol
Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Iv been in this spot befor but i think iv made my decision. for about 200 i can get a semi comp ready Venom Creeper. RedCat is supporting the RS10 for sure, and coming out with metal gears. but I'm gona belive my gut and say the quality isnt the greatest. ALLLL! Kits and RTR have their problems, AXIAL, LOSI, VENOM, REDCAT non are perfect out of the box, and they will all break the same if i ran it over with my truck. but from what iv seen the RS10 IS GREAT for non comp, bash around the house/backyard and learning how to drive a rig. Alot of moding has to go into them to make them competitive, also your looking at 2 different ends of the Crawlers, Redcat is at the bottom price wise and LNC is at the top, there are inbetween, and i do belive that the Venom is a good choice as well, and its comp ready. But im sure you will be happy with your decision either way you go.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

This is all my opinion of coarse but i just got off the mountain with the two of them and have a fresh frame of mind on the two different trucks.
1-10 scale
Losi Redcat

clearance= 7 5

torque= 8 5

wheel speed= 3 8

components= 6 4

predictability= 8 5

center of gravity= 6 8

overall performance= 8 7

parts availability= 8 5
(ive got a local parts house for both trucks but losi still have more on the shelf)

quality of truck= 8 4

This may seem like a waste of time for some of you but I am trying to be honest on what ive noticed so far and this might just help answer some of Smoke's questions. Again not trying to offend any one who ownes ether truck, i just so happen to own both and am giving my two cents.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

This is all my opinion of coarse but i just got off the mountain with the two of them and have a fresh frame of mind on the two different trucks.
1-10 scale
Losi Redcat

clearance= 7 5

torque= 8 5

wheel speed= 3 8

components= 6 4

predictability= 8 5

center of gravity= 6 8

overall performance= 8 7

parts availability= 8 5
(ive got a local parts house for both trucks but losi still have more on the shelf)

quality of truck= 8 4

This may seem like a waste of time for some of you but I am trying to be honest on what ive noticed so far and this might just help answer some of Smoke's questions. Again not trying to offend any one who ownes ether truck, i just so happen to own both and am giving my two cents.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the answers from everyone and everyone has the one they love and will back it till the end I have spent over 100 hours on this site so far looing at the posts so that 20 bucks for the star was well worth the info I have gained and I get my tax money back next week so I will have to make a choice pretty soon and get pics up here and get some ideas from the members of RCC