Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Servo Stuck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Servo Stuck

Hello everyone, another problem with my Axial.

I am experiencing issues with my steering servo, it seems that it will turn all the way right (if you were sitting in the drivers seat) and then will not respond. Even after manually recentering, it will not turn the other way. I am not really sure what is going on, i couldn't have had 2 minutes on the run yet. I just replaced the ESC 2 days ago, it ran great yesterday but I checked the servo connection to the ESC anyways and it looks good.

Any ideas as to where the bug may be?

I am going to tear the servo apart now.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

It seems that it is frozen inside, but i lost the pin that holds the middle gear in place behind the servo arm so it looks like i am going to be buying a new one anyways...:? Fell off the table into the carpet, cant find it

EDIT: Found the pin It seems that the motor only wants to spin one way, or at least it only spins fast (or with power) when the remote is turned to the right. When turning the remote to the left, the motor only spins when the remote hits this one very small "sweet spot", and even still it isn't very fast or powerful. It isn't powerful enough to turn the gears to turn the servo arm anyways.

Last edited by Ramination; 03-04-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I am new at all this too, just happens that I was reading in my own servo manuel and it says that if that happens than the gears may be bound up. I think you already thought of that. So my other idea is that the radio may be confused over what is "center" or neutral. Maybe it thinks center is way too far one direction and needs to be calibrated.

I'd be stoked if that helps, probably won't though
bonks is offline   Reply With Quote