Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Need help setting up electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help setting up electronics

This is my first RC anything. I built an SCX10 Honcho from scratch, and am now totally stuck in hooking wires together. I have read and read and still haven't figured it out. I'm sure it is super simple once I get it done. Need some guidance, anything will help.

So far I have the radio bound to the reciever. The receiver is connected to 4 AA batteries for power. Then when I connected the servo to the receiver it immediatly turns and then stops as if it is bound up. Any thoughts there?

Thats all I have figured out. I need to know how to hook all the electronics together. If no one wants to help with lots of typed responses. I'd appreciate a link to a how-to video if you know of one on youtube or a forum here.]

And if anyone goes balls out and helps me get this thing running, i'll send ya some cash for your time. Its worth it to me.

Hitec HS-7955TG servo, Cobalt Puller Motor 14t / TorqueMaster BR-XL Water Proof ESC, SR3100 DSM2 3CH Receiver with DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio
bonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonks View Post
This is my first RC anything. I built an SCX10 Honcho from scratch, and am now totally stuck in hooking wires together. I have read and read and still haven't figured it out. I'm sure it is super simple once I get it done. Need some guidance, anything will help.

So far I have the radio bound to the reciever. The receiver is connected to 4 AA batteries for power. Then when I connected the servo to the receiver it immediatly turns and then stops as if it is bound up. Any thoughts there? Was the TX on when you power up the servo?And was it plugged into correct RX slot?

Thats all I have figured out. I need to know how to hook all the electronics together. If no one wants to help with lots of typed responses. I'd appreciate a link to a how-to video if you know of one on youtube or a forum here.]

And if anyone goes balls out and helps me get this thing running, i'll send ya some cash for your time. Its worth it to me.

Hitec HS-7955TG servo, Cobalt Puller Motor 14t / TorqueMaster BR-XL Water Proof ESC, SR3100 DSM2 3CH Receiver with DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio
Let me know
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Maybe.....

Was the servo hooked up when you bound the radio to the receiver? Some radios need to know where the servo is when they are bound for the failsafe position. Just a thought. I always bind my radios with everything hooked up and ready to go and have never had a problem. Is there a hobby shop close to you? Maybe you can take your rig and radio in. Sometimes it's easier to fix things when you can see them.:?
BadTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I did not have the servo plugged in while I was binding the radio to the receiver. The servo would power all the way to the drivers side as soon as I plug the servo in.
I will try hooking everything up today. The instructional video from Spectrum said to apply max brake while binding. Don't know why.

Think I will try deleting that profile on my radio and try without any brake. If that don't work, than I'll try it with everything hooked up.

Thanks for helping so far fella's
Old 03-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

wait, why did u connect 4aa batteries to ur rx? thats when the nimh/lipo is for, also make sure u plug it in the rx the right way(black/brown wire loses to the edge of the rx)
mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I had the plug in the right way. Driving to town (1 hour drive) to see if the hobby shop has connectors. I re bound the radio, servo is still being silly, might be too tight with the gears. The 4 AA batteries are for power for the bind to work. Couldnt hook up the lipo's since the connectors didn't come in the mail yet for some reason.

Should have everything running today.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

aaaahhhh stinkin ball sack!!! All the hobby shops (except one) are apparently closed here in Central Oregon. Will have to take a whole day to drive to Bend sometime this week. Thank you all for your efforts. Will let you know how things work out, I have some awesome electronics so far.

Back in a few days
Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

oo sorry for ya, naybe its the servo horn(put on the wrong way) take it off and then turn it on, so it centers itself, the put it back on and see if that works
mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote