Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: if i went brushless....???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default if i went brushless....???

well im waiting for my scx10 honcho to get here, and im lookin for esc motor setups not really sure what to get. I was lookin at the mamba setups, used em before on mini 1/18mt, works great. If I was to go this route which kv motor would I need? 4600, 5700? or would i be better off just getting the esc and putting a brushed motor in? if a brushed what would a good turn be?
twoolley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoolley08 View Post
well im waiting for my scx10 honcho to get here, and im lookin for esc motor setups not really sure what to get. I was lookin at the mamba setups, used em before on mini 1/18mt, works great. If I was to go this route which kv motor would I need? 4600, 5700? or would i be better off just getting the esc and putting a brushed motor in? if a brushed what would a good turn be?
Just my opinion, But I would go with a 35 or maybe even a 25 turn brushed motor.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Suck it up!

Castle motors are great, but much to fast for crawling. If you want slow and torquey, pick up a outrunner from HH. For more speed you could try one of Novaks brushless motors, they have them in many different flavors.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

welll i really dont have much to crawl on around here unless i went out and bough some rocks for the backyard, or take a 30 min drive the larrys rc, then id have to wait for others to finish because they are always busy. what would be an in between motor that could go through some mud with decent speed but be able to crawl if i find somethin....hmm speaking of rocks there are some pretty big ones along the shore line but i dont think id be runnin over those takin a chane for her to fall into the lake.
twoolley08 is offline   Reply With Quote