Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Loosing power ... wont hardly climb???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Loosing power ... wont hardly climb???

I was running my Losi Comp Crawler today at lunch on a full charge and after about 15 - 20 minutes of run time on fairly steep climbs it started loosing power to the point to where it wouldnt hardly climb moderate to steep inclines ... as in the wheels wouldnt even turn. It always has plenty of power unless the wheels are in a bind. I checked the motor temp and it was around 180. I let it cool down on my way back to work and wont get to try it again til tomorrow or maybe tonight. Is the motor temp causing this or does it sound like the battery is getting low? I have got close to 40 minutes of run time before with the same battery, thats why i dont think this is the problem. Im new at this so im just trying to figure out the problem so i can get a head start on it after i get off work today .............. thanks!
J-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Most likely it's the battery
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

NIMH OR NICD??? Compleatly drain the battery with it in the truck, lift the wheels and gass it untill the battery is compleatly dead. try recharging the pack at a lower amp rate. do this a couple of times and hopefully it will regain some life.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Keepin your axles greased too? That always helps, but your motor temps are pretty high for such a short run, for 25mins I get around a 115- 120 degree temps, I'd step down a tooth or 2 on ur pinion, and if its a nicd or ninh battery you have to run them dead then charge them fully otherwise they can get memory and not last as long, but try a diffrent battery and let us know
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

My bad i meant to list what it had:

Im running a 2 cell Lipo with a 55 turn brushed motor and a 12 tooth pinion. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Fish View Post
My bad i meant to list what it had:

Im running a 2 cell Lipo with a 55 turn brushed motor and a 12 tooth pinion. Thanks everyone for your help
How many mah is the battery? 2 cell really isn't enough for those trucks IMO. When your axle gears need grease it creates more resistance and will drain your battery faster. If you have a wimpy battery to begin with, it won't last long. When I had my LCC, I was using a 1300 mah 3 cell / 35C battery and I would still only get about 20 minutes out of it.

Check your grease and try a battery with more punch.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Yeah i have considered going to a 3 cell bettery. But many have told me its overkill, im too new at this to know. I own an older 1200 mah 3 cell stick battery that came out of an electric AEG airsoft gun i once had. Dont know how reliable it is or how long it would last. I did hook it up to my LCC once and it was like putting a super charger on it lol! So would a 3 cell give me more torque and speed or just speed? Im guessing both but idk