Old 03-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dig?

what exactly is a dig?
slash 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

in any truck you have a stock transmission a dig is something you add on to the transmission which gives you an advantage in competition crawling what it does is a servo slides a certain lever and locks the driveshaft after that it can be used for getting up a steeper incline or turning tighter there ya go
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
jwo
Rock Crawler

most dig units have 3 modes. 4wd, rear lock, and rear freewheel. this is for shaft driven rigs. rear lock makes it so it can maneuver 360 degrees pivoting on the inside rear wheel an can also be used for getting off ledges. locking the rear on the ledge and pulling with the front to prevent a tumble. free wheel rear can aid in climbs. letting the front spin for traction and when it grips you can slide it in 4wd and climb. moa rigs (motor on axle) have the same concept except they have full lock. these rigs can be run dual dig(front and rear).they basicially have the same effect, just in a different way. shaft driven ones can also do this. the only time i have really seen it is on rc4wd r2 dual dig tranny. im sure there are others.for the moa's there are units like the punk dig, or navak has one also. these may have free wheel.not sure about that one. i have a dual dig in my moa rig. that works like running both or one visa versa. my shafty has a rear dig. and works like i mentioned above. i will see if i can find a video of a dig unit in action, seeing them work would explain just as good. hope this helps
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote