Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: CKRC LIPO won't charge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #1

Default CKRC LIPO won't charge

So I got a new 2s lipo from CKRC (punch pack) got it switched to Deans connector and tried to charge it today and it seems to be useless it won't charge. It's almost as if it's not even connected to the charger. It didn't come with any kind of instructions or information about any special 1st charge steps or anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a junk battery.
Thanks
Tdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog View Post
So I got a new 2s lipo from CKRC (punch pack) got it switched to Deans connector and tried to charge it today and it seems to be useless it won't charge. It's almost as if it's not even connected to the charger. It didn't come with any kind of instructions or information about any special 1st charge steps or anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a junk battery.
Thanks
did you solder the right wire to the right tab on the deans plug
so it corresponds with the same colored wire on the deans from the charger?
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #3

Yes I made sure I did that right and compared it to my other battery.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

mine did the same thing for some reason they are discharged too much. not sure if you know or not, but once a lipo goes below a certain voltage most chargers wont charge them your best bet would be to call ckrc

hope this helps
crawler-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
dnf

I think the same thing happened to me once.
I thought my lipo was dead. but the voltage was to low.
a guy in our club hooked my lipo to a stickpack and brought up the voltage as I recall. and another charger may do it.another time it happened and my charger wouldnt read it but another club members charger would. set my cut off higher and no more issues for me.
good luck

rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have sucessfully brought back a lipo that was discharged to a voltage that was too low. Just plug the lipo into the charger and set your charger to NiMH and let it charge. Depending on the start voltage and the number of cells in the pack, it should only take about 30 seconds to get the voltage up to a number that will be recognized in lipo setting.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

dido with the last comment works every time for me let us know
losiredcatcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I too have resurrected lipo's that way. But if its new I'd return it. A new lipo should be fully or near fully charged, if its discharged out of the package its been sitting far too long, or its bad to start with. you shouldn't have to save a brand new pack!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
But if its new I'd return it. A new lipo should be fully or near fully charged, if its discharged out of the package its been sitting far too long, or its bad to start with. you shouldn't have to save a brand new pack!
Oh damn....I didnt realize he was referring to a brand new pack.

In that case, I would DEFINITELY get CKRC to send you a new one...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Oh damn....I didnt realize he was referring to a brand new pack.

In that case, I would DEFINITELY get CKRC to send you a new one...
I would agree, but since he's swapped connectors I bet he's gonna get told to go pound sand.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I would agree, but since he's swapped connectors I bet he's gonna get told to go pound sand.
That's what I'm worried about but it did come with the deans connectors I just had to install it. I'm about to call them and see what's up and I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the input
Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #12

I called they said they would check it out and send me another not problem even thought I changed the connector. It still sucks b/c it's gonna take 2 weeks to get a battery that I wanted to use today when I could have just drove an hour and bought one.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Just my 2 cents learn from your experience from buying from CKRC and support vendors who support this site
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #14

I'm a newbie, I didn't know they didn't support the sight as a matter of fact I only know about them because of people on this sight talking about buying a lot of stuff there. So I take it they don't advertise hear?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog View Post
I'm a newbie, I didn't know they didn't support the sight as a matter of fact I only know about them because of people on this sight talking about buying a lot of stuff there. So I take it they don't advertise hear?
they do, but they left a BAD taste in the collective RCC mouth after last years worlds
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Default ckrc

I have had nothing but problems with ckrc punch packs (11.1). bought one, one week later it refused to take a charge. called ckrc they said "ship it back, we will check it out". they end up sending me a new battery. 5 charges later, i have the same problem ( wont take a charge)one dead cell. called and emailed AGAIN. Paid return shipping AGAIN. they have had it now for a week,no response to email. They muist have got a hell of a deal on these batterys.Thunder Power all the way.IMO
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
RCC Addict

I'll never order from CKRC again anyways but what's really funny is if you look on thier site for the same price as those weak "punch" packs you can get a hyperion thats the same size and passes twice the amps for the same price.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

I had the same thing happen to me with a couple of Turngy packs about a month ago. . . My charger would not charge them out of the box, I put my Fluke meter on them and they had good voltage... so I hooked them up to the truck and ran them down and then charged them... everything worked fine after that.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote