Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: I Finally Took the Plumge and Pissed Off My Wife!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #1

Default I Finally Took the Plumge and Pissed Off My Wife!

I've been trolling the board for a few months now finally joined about a week ago when I decided I was serious. I went ahead and bought the SCX10 TR Dingo, stepped down to a 35t motor and 12t pinion gear from the lhs, next in line Aluminum links, 4 link and hand brothers servo relocation kit,

needless to say I would have had no idea what to do without this board and all the help from all of you. this is by far the best site i've found for helpfull info on the net and hope to dive in and maybe help out some n00b some day.

I dont know if this is the right place for this and im sorry if it isnt, but I just wanted to say thank you and im sure all of your combined knowledge has helped me and im sure hundreds of n00bs like me, Keep it up guys!
RocketRanger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago and pissed off my wife too.
Westgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #3

my wife bought mine for christmas AX10 RTC She didn't now what she was doing. She gets pissed off when I'm modifying my rig or on rccrawler. Pissing my wife off is something I do all the time so nothing new there.
Crawlwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #4

yeah I actually do it on purpose buy parts and pieces without telling my wife and that is usually the most fun to see her reaction when I tell her I have spent more money on this hobby.

She thinks I'm such a nerd for getting so into this new sport.
FroadnFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Afew x-mas's ago my wife got me a wheelyking before I found this site. It got boring fast stock. So needless to say I shoved it on a shelf in the garage, untill one day I stumbled upon this site. 1 built WK, 2 built ARTRs, a brushless slash, an SCX10, a HONCHO, another built ARTR, and a SSS later she wishes she had never bought that WK. I piss her off with this hobby daily. Her fault tho.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #6

i was into rcs before i met my wife, so there was no issues then. now that she is my wife, there are times when she will give me the "look", however, i told her that i need half a day, in this case i picked sunday to do my own thing and she should do her own thing with her gal pals. seems to work for now.

i also build a scx10 for her, hoping to encourage her to crawl with me but that didnt work, and surprisingly, i am not allowed to take the scx10 out of the house? go figure. so there is a red shiny honcho on my shelf that has never seen rock.
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I must warn ya, you think she's pissed now, wait until you start sinking more money into your rig. It always happens, its an addiction.BTW with the 35t motor, I would probably run the stock 14t pinion, you will still have plenty of torque, and decent wheelspeed.
ricerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

as of now my girlfriend/wife lol, thinks its cool.. i just got my blitz in few days ago and first thing she said ... why in the hell is it so big.. then i got the big head .. then she told me she was talking bout my blitz ..... but she enjoyes it now but i bet its going to change , havent told her yet.. but im bout to order few more plus radio gear and servo's stuff like that! cant seem to find a komodo dragon 19t motor tho .
jon1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Well haven't pissed her off yet and she supports me in all my hobbies....

But my 1st wife well she's a X for a reason....!

I'm constantly buying parts for a plane or one of the land RC's and she goes out when I run almost 100% of the time. I couldn't ask for a better gal.!

Later
Rich
armalite_ar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Just remember that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. That is what I do sometimes.
Entropy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy98 View Post
Just remember that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. That is what I do sometimes.
Words of wisdom right there!

Last edited by Longdog; 04-15-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Longdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Ya, my GF/WIFE lol calls me a nerd also for messing around with the RC trucks, but I got her one to use...still needs work. but remember this fellas. Just give the GF or Wife a quick reminder on how much they spend on hair makeup nails and tanning lol, My GF works in a Salon. and wemon easily drop 70 -130 dollars a visit.... yeah.

Hair 100 cut & color (gona get re done in about 5 weeks)
Nails (about 50 month)
tanning (another 30)
make up... lost count.
all the little bull shit to make up an outfit....dont start...

so yeah, Its cheaper to be into RC i think.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Ya, my GF/WIFE lol calls me a nerd also for messing around with the RC trucks, but I got her one to use...still needs work. but remember this fellas. Just give the GF or Wife a quick reminder on how much they spend on hair makeup nails and tanning lol, My GF works in a Salon. and wemon easily drop 70 -130 dollars a visit.... yeah.

Nails (about 50 month)
tanning (another 30)
make up... lost count.

So true!
Entropy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post

Nails (about 50 month)
tanning (another 30)
make up... lost count.

I am into a lot of nerdy things too and if my wife calls me one I just remind her of her hobby, which is scrapbooking and call her an old lady. That usually ends the conv right there.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
I am into a lot of nerdy things too and if my wife calls me one I just remind her of her hobby, which is scrapbooking and call her an old lady. That usually ends the
conv right there.
Yeah my is into scrapbooking also but because of her hobby I think I have found a new tool for my addiction. The thing I found is called a cricket (sp) it is a printer that cuts shape out of card stock and such. Oh it can also be used to cut vinyl to make new stickers and paint masks. The thing is if iuse to make numbers and lettering for my semi my tax guy says I can wright it off.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I had that cricut for a minute, then when I found out you cant do custom cuts, you have to use their cartridges to cut things, I sent it back and told them to let me know when they can do custom designed stuff... What a waist!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Wait to see what she thinks when you have 10 grand into cars and another 5 grand into tools. Oh and when your spending 8-12 hours a week wrenching and another 10-20 driving.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRanger88 View Post
I've been trolling the board for a few months now finally joined about a week ago when I decided I was serious. I went ahead and bought the SCX10 TR Dingo, stepped down to a 35t motor and 12t pinion gear from the lhs, next in line Aluminum links, 4 link and hand brothers servo relocation kit,

needless to say I would have had no idea what to do without this board and all the help from all of you. this is by far the best site i've found for helpfull info on the net and hope to dive in and maybe help out some n00b some day.

I dont know if this is the right place for this and im sorry if it isnt, but I just wanted to say thank you and im sure all of your combined knowledge has helped me and im sure hundreds of n00bs like me, Keep it up guys!
I piss my wife off on a daily basis so I figure it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisetrucker View Post
Yeah my is into scrapbooking also but because of her hobby I think I have found a new tool for my addiction. The thing I found is called a cricket (sp) it is a printer that cuts shape out of card stock and such. Oh it can also be used to cut vinyl to make new stickers and paint masks. The thing is if iuse to make numbers and lettering for my semi my tax guy says I can wright it off.
My wife has one of those too. Never thought about using it to cut vinyl. I will have to give it a try.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
Ads
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroadnFab View Post
yeah I actually do it on purpose buy parts and pieces without telling my wife and that is usually the most fun to see her reaction when I tell her I have spent more money on this hobby.

She thinks I'm such a nerd for getting so into this new sport.
X2, my missus no longer sees the funny side of it.
Ads is offline   Reply With Quote