Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: which wires go where ? Vxl-3s + CC5700Kv Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #1

Default which wires go where ? Vxl-3s + CC5700Kv Brushless

Hi all,

I'm in desperate need of info

I have a traxxas Slash that came with a Traxxas Vxl-3s Esc and a Castle Creations 5700 Kv Brushless motor.

Q1, Can anyone clarify which are wires from the motor go to which ports on the Esc ?

Q2, And what you'd label them as ?

(the only thing I remember is that the seller saying, was that the white wire's did not go together, if memory serves me correctly)

Cheers,
Lee

Last edited by leeizcool; 05-02-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: No one replied so edited to see if i get help.
leeizcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #2

Has no one got any info that might help
Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
MODERATOR™

It doesn't matter, plug them in. If the motor spins the wrong way, change any two wires.

Also, try www.rcshortcourse.com

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

motor black to esc white
motor white to ecs yellow
motor red to esc blue

that being said x2 on EP

BL motors / esc go - ABC or CBA, So middle wlaways goes to middle, swap the out sides and it changed motor direction

Last edited by ultimate_monkey; 05-02-2010 at 10:16 AM.
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
motor black to esc white
motor white to ecs yellow
motor red to esc blue

that being said x2 on EP

BL motors / esc go - ABC or CBA, So middle wlaways goes to middle, swap the out sides and it changed motor direction

It is impossible to incorrectly plug in a brushless motor to a speedo as long as you use all three wires. If it's the wrong direction swap ANY 2...
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #6

Cheers for the info fella's

Didn't want to go and stuff something up.

Anyway cheers again and I'm off to have a bash.

Really appreciate the help.

Lee
Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Clod View Post
It is impossible to incorrectly plug in a brushless motor to a speedo as long as you use all three wires. If it's the wrong direction swap ANY 2...

yup, but if you like me and OCD the letters need to match haha, not to mention i have a bad habbet of wireing things super tightly and not checking befor i put every thing together
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
yup, but if you like me and OCD the letters need to match haha, not to mention i have a bad habbet of wireing things super tightly and not checking befor i put every thing together

I do the same sometimes...
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Ha ha! I had the same issue with a Sidewinder Micro and CM2054 motor combo. Friggin drove me crazy for a few hours! I finally read the manual and I found where it said the motor plugs can go in any way!
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #10

Well I made the 4mm to 3.5mm connectors yesterday.

I've still got problems
After setup the motor will go forwards but its very jittery at first and after a few feet it shuts off and the esc blinks red, which i believe is for low voltage (my battery is a 11.1v 3cell 2800 Lipo and is showing as being fully charged)
Im not getting any reverse at all (not even a sound of it trying) during setup the esc seemed to accept the inputs from the tx and I've used all 3 profile settings but still no joy.
Have put the wires between motor and esc on a few different way but I'm not keen on putting the white to white as the lad i got it off had said not to do that for some reason.
Ive even used a 7.2v Nihm with the lipo low voltage switched off.

Totally stumped now anyone have any idea ?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeizcool View Post
Well I made the 4mm to 3.5mm connectors yesterday.

I've still got problems
After setup the motor will go forwards but its very jittery at first and after a few feet it shuts off and the esc blinks red, which i believe is for low voltage (my battery is a 11.1v 3cell 2800 Lipo and is showing as being fully charged)
Im not getting any reverse at all (not even a sound of it trying) during setup the esc seemed to accept the inputs from the tx and I've used all 3 profile settings but still no joy.
Have put the wires between motor and esc on a few different way but I'm not keen on putting the white to white as the lad i got it off had said not to do that for some reason.
Ive even used a 7.2v Nihm with the lipo low voltage switched off.

Totally stumped now anyone have any idea ?

Well I think I have some bad news for you... That VXL speedo is not functioning properly. My buddy JUST had this same symptom. The VXL speedos have some issues that i'm aware of after significant usage:

-The Lipo cut-off gets quirky, prematurly cutting into saftey (slow) mode. ESC has "Slow" flashing red light.

-If you run a "lower" C rated pack (15-20c) It also will prematurly lipo cut-off. Now, not all 20c pack will cause this just overrated pack per-say. I run Turnigy 2s 20c 5000mah with zero problems then my buddy puts in his Value hobby packs same specs dif brand and his will go for a bit then cut into low power mode and slow flashing red light.

Read the LED Codes and Protection Modes and see if this helps: http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...NST_070706.pdf

My suggestion is to buy a used Mamba Max ($70-$90 on RCC) and be done with it. Watch you temp on that 5700 on 3s too I've smoked 2 of those on 2s, but I didn't really care too much if i did fry them as it gave me a reason to upgrade.

BTY, how well did you solder you 4.0mm to 3.5mm adapters? Check them.

Last edited by Blood_Clod; 05-04-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 AM   #12

Don't think that the soldering is a problem.
The adapters I made with 4mm female bullets and 3.5mm male bullets and Gs Racing 12awg wire.
I filled the back bullet with solder before adding the wires (all 3 wires were 3" in length before adding the bullets and heatshrink)

Cheers,
Lee