Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: need help motor or esc problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #1

Default need help motor or esc problems

i was driving my ax10 rtc when the battery seemed to go dead all of a sudden. i changed batteries and the same thing going forwards it had little power but in reverse it runs the same as it did. thought the motor went bad but is was not that hot but the esc was so hot could not hold my finger on it but a second. is my esc gone bad or motor? i did get it a little wet but just from running through damp grass. here is a vid on what it is doinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxWSrI3Gss

Last edited by millertime80; 06-15-2010 at 07:11 PM.
millertime80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks like the ESC is fried. Did you make any changes since its last normal run?

How wet is "a little wet?" A few blades of grass is one thing, but if she went on a run with damp grass dragging near an exposed ESC...? If you think at all that it got wet, unhook everything, don't run it for a while (if it did get wet, it may be too late to save it, since you already did run it further) and put it in a bag with some rice (will absorb moisture) or in a safe, warm, dry place for a few days.

Last edited by JeepinOR; 06-15-2010 at 12:20 PM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

no changes. As for as wet goes water was not running off of it or anything the grass wasn't even tall enought to reach it looked just like where the tires slung it on. it has been it my house for four days now and just made the video today. has not got any better
Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You can try spraying it with WD-40 and then let it stand a day or so for the WD-40 to dry . It sounds more like thermal damage though . Sometimes wet grass will bog the motor causing the esc to over heat . The radio gear can also cause similar problems . But since the esc was was very hot It likely got cooked . Sucks but a good excuse to buy a better esc .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #5

thanks for the help. i have been wanting to buy one with drag break anyway just hated to since this one was working fine
i put up the vid of when it quit on the first post. this was right after the grass

Last edited by millertime80; 06-15-2010 at 02:11 PM.