Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newbie venom build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #1

Talking newbie venom build

ok some of you may have saw i made a grave newbie mistake for that i apologize i was just excited but i thought id start a build thread of my venom kit as of now i just purchased a motor so i could reassemble the main chassis with out the hassel of trying to do so after i had the axels and what not atatched to the chassis plates i bought an integy 55t brushed motor and the pinion recomended by venom which is a 15t 48p pinion gonna try and set the gear mesh today may get in some pics but they might suck as all i have is my phone for a camera any how any advice tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated thanks and enjoy ok so i bought the motor and pinion and all got it home was stoked about puttin the chassis back to gether found out i have no motor mountin screws lol so i gotta get a hardware kit probably do that this weekend and if im lucky ill have my chassis back to gether and post some pics thanks and enjoy

Last edited by jonesy5o; 08-27-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: additional info
jonesy5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

welcome jonesy . . . . i think this may get moved to the venom forums but that is all up to the mods

happy crawling
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the hobby and hope you enjoy the Venom
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #4

I also am new to crawlers and getting into the game with a creeper. I have some ideas of my own I might try during the build as well as everything in the very useful Venom section on the forum. Keep us posted with your build.
clutchjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

alright......another Kansas City crawler. welcome. post the pics no matter how terrible your camera phone is.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Post you rbuild up in the venom section! Lots of great tips there. Rocky mountian designworks has an awsome tips and tricks thread going there. Glad to see another creeper owner!
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy4o View Post
welcome jonesy . . . . i think this may get moved to the venom forums but that is all up to the mods

happy crawling
thanks Chappy and i thought about puttin it there then i thought maybe it would get moved here so i went with what i thought to be the safest route and go for the newbie section and thanks to all the others for welcoming me
Old 08-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctracy View Post
alright......another Kansas City crawler. welcome. post the pics no matter how terrible your camera phone is.
cool kc crawlin ull have to give some some tips on good places to crawl lol i found a good spot behind my shop but thats about it so far oh well still gotta get the rig built im shootin for spring and thanks for the welcome
Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

pm me and i can fill you in. also if you go to the regional section of the forums...then midwest...then kansas city....there is a thread that posts some of the place they comp at. i went to one comp and it was cool. all the guys were very helpful. I would reccomend going to that thread and looking at places to crawl as well as introducing yourself. take it easy.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote