Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Diablo or LCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Diablo or LCC

Sept 26th is my first comp looking to get together a rig. Now I have been looking at the Losi 1/10 comp crawler and Mk42 Moa (basically diablo rtr) from rc4wd. I would like to know the pros and cons of each and which would be a better start. But, just so you know I will be using the esc that comes in the mk42 if I would go losi...
derek_18mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Depending on what you have the bully below comes with everything for a fair price and can be made competitve pretty easily. Losi Comp Crawler is good to but might run you a little more money. MK42 is based of the bully also never used that chasiss before though. Bully's are good axles to start with cause they are very strong and down right bullet proof. Look through the threads below and read peopls opinoions on stuff. XR10 is HOT right now also

http://store.rc4wd.com/products/1%7B...R-Crawler.html

Last edited by RCROCIN'; 09-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.
RCROCIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
Sept 26th is my first comp looking to get together a rig. Now I have been looking at the Losi 1/10 comp crawler and Mk42 Moa (basically diablo rtr) from rc4wd. I would like to know the pros and cons of each and which would be a better start. But, just so you know I will be using the esc that comes in the mk42 if I would go losi...
Well, I can't say for the Diablo.. but the LCC has one distinct advantage:
Worm drives give it absolute drag braking.. no questions, no throttle no move.

It also has the Zero Ackerman setup on the steering, giving 70 degrees of steering throw, which ain't bad in stock form!

Also comes with F & R dig on it.. something you'd need a special esc, or 2 esc's and a good radio setup to use on a MOA.

~Kev

Last edited by Darksiede; 09-13-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typos
Darksiede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksiede View Post
Well, I can't say for the Diablo.. but the LCC has one distinct advantage:
Worm drives give it absolute drag braking.. no questions, no throttle no move.

It also has the Zero Ackerman setup on the steering, giving 70 degrees of steering throw, which ain't bad in stock form!

Also comes with F & R dig on it.. something you'd need a special esc, or 2 esc's and a good radio setup to use on a MOA.

~Kev
Every MOA can run a Dig with one ESC, doesn't even need to be a special one. Just need a Dig Unit like a Punk Dig or Rocker Dig from Rc4wd. Or run a Switch and a Micro/Mini Servo.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i can get the losi cheap around $230 not an issue. Same wit the rock force. Plus side on the losi is like u said I don't need a esc with drag brake and it has dig... Rock force looks good but no info..
derek_18mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

if it were me i would look around for a used but good shape berg in the for sale section. they kick as. losi's have a mechanical dig,torque twist, low belly clearance, which i hate and i like to have a little slip in my dig sometimes which it will not!

bully axles are damn near bullitproof,but with the weight my dad was breaking all kinds of other stuff. plus the tires rub on the links and shocks which i hate. and the lower links love to hit the gear cases which i hate!

so in conclusion i would not buy either of these trucks.correct me if i am wrong but i think most (if not all) of the top ten at nats drove bergs because they work. and after getting beat by berg after berg i realized it was time for one. that was 1.5 years ago and it still dominates!

spend your money once and be happy with your purchase
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I would go with the Bully!

I still have a LCC in a box in my closet that I never completed but I picked up a Bully and im not sure I will ever complete the LCC.

Bergs and LCCs are great rigs dont get me wrong but either one of them is going to cost you a lot of money to get comp worthy. Berg axles stock are weak (from what I have read on here) and the LCC worms have issues. The electronics between the berg and bully are going to be the same but the LCC basically requires a high $ brushless setup unless you feel like replacing motors all the time.

Yes bergs do very well in high level competition but I dont think I could drive one better than I can drive my Bully and I bet that if I switched rigs with one of the high ranking pros they would probably smoke me still...

I think that the Bullys are probably the best bang for the buck comp packages out there right now. If I was you I would look at the jp custom site and get yourself a nice package with a nice chassis to get started off right!

http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/MainMOA.html
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Yes bergs do very well in high level competition but I dont think I could drive one better than I can drive my Bully and I bet that if I switched rigs with one of the high ranking pros they would probably smoke me still...
you would be surprised.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

If ya are serious about comps look for a used berg or maybe the axial xr10 kit. If ya are semi serious, bullys are great bang for the buck and about bulletproof. I hate worms, that's just me.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote