Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 2.2 or superclass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #1

Default 2.2 or superclass

hello everyone,

i am a new newb to the whole rc crawling community but i am very interested in getting into it but my main problem is what class to shoot for a 2.2 or superclass first

can someone help me with this alittle pros and cons might help me out here,please help me.
thanks
futang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Well if you wish to compete, the most comon class around here (Atlanta, Georgia) is the 2.2
this way you have lots of other trucks to play (compete) with.
Personaly, I started with a super class crawler complete with rear wheel steering and I am glad I did.
However if I wanted to compete, there are few Super crawlers in my area.
Keep in mind a super class crawler is EXACTLY that....is will crawl like crazy and traverse some huge bolders the 2.2 class can't.

Come to think about it, my crawler is actually bigger than a super, supers are restricted to 18" wheel base mine is 22.5" wheelbase so
I think it is called an "unlimited" class crawler.
anyway I am very pleased with the performance of my 1/5 scale "Killer Krawller"

Harrry
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

i would start with a 2.2 because to be competitive the 2.2 will be cheaper. also the super courses are really effin hard and to a newb it might get discouraging.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #4

thanks for the info sloppy ecspecially the wheelbase for sure,this helpes out alot. i was thinking about a 1/8th redcat for the superclass and leaning more toward a berg for the 2.2 class
Old 10-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by futang1 View Post
thanks for the info sloppy ecspecially the wheelbase for sure,this helpes out alot. i was thinking about a 1/8th redcat for the superclass and leaning more toward a berg for the 2.2 class
i love my berg!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
i would start with a 2.2 because to be competitive the 2.2 will be cheaper. also the super courses are really effin hard and to a newb it might get discouraging.
thanks james i was thinking that they'd be a bit easier seeing of the size of the truck
Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
thanks james i was thinking that they'd be a bit easier seeing of the size of the truck
also the support for the 2.2 market is much better as far as tires and stuff go. plus there are easier to carry.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #8

Default the berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
i love my berg!
yeah i fell in love with the look of them back when r/c had a crawler mag special with a small article in the back of it a couple years back
Old 10-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #9

ok ive thought about it and i am going to go 2.2 with berg thanks for all the info guys
Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Quote:
i was thinking about a 1/8th redcat for the superclass and leaning more toward a berg for the 2.2 class
I would be weary about the redcat. It's a cheap crawler, and its made cheap too. A buddy of mine had one and he was always having problems with it.

If you are really wanting to go super class, i would try to find a good used one to get your feet in the door.

You CANNOT go wrong with a berg!! They are very easy to work on and they are probably the most well made axles out there. The hop ups for these axles are limitless aswell.
Gat714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
RCC Addict

i would go with a bully because its cheaper buy a lot because you dont have to do any mods to make them unstoppable unlike thebergs u got to put at least a grand in to make it as indestructable as the bully and but they dont have the aftermarket but they dont need it because they dont break
i know some one they have at least 2 grand into a berg and the bullys still beat it its the nut behind the transmitter and the setup and practice
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
i would go with a bully because its cheaper buy a lot because you dont have to do any mods to make them unstoppable unlike thebergs u got to put at least a grand in to make it as indestructable as the bully and but they dont have the aftermarket but they dont need it because they dont break
i know some one they have at least 2 grand into a berg and the bullys still beat it its the nut behind the transmitter and the setup and practice
There's no way you have to spend a grand on berg axles. Granted Bully axles might be a little (and not that much less when all is said and done) less expensive, but you get what you pay for.

And having at least 2 grand in a berg?! Dude, that's ridiculous. Maybe a top three national caliber Berg rig (the whole truck, not just the axles) might have that into it, but save a $150 bucks or so, you will have the same ammount in a Bully.

My advise?: Buy good used axles
Gat714 is offline   Reply With Quote