Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: just messing around

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default just messing around

hey guys ....i was just kind aplaying around with my diffs in my e-maxx finally....dreaming of it being a crawler soon....but i was wondering where i can get or how can i make spools for the diffs (or can someone just send me a link about locking the diffs in general would be great)...i dont want to jb weld them and make the mod irreversible (sp?) or should i just buy another set of diffs incase i wanna switch the diffs out for normal driving? and also i`ve been seen people flipping the maxx rims...so...how do u do this? thanx for putting up with me..being a newbie and all...i`m still reading up on most of the posts i`m running into
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Just use the search button, it's not that hard And to help you out further, take a look in the maxx section... there are a sticky you should look into I can't understand what is so hard to get.... if you got a maxx and wanna make it a crawler, why not start to look in the maxx section
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hot Glue, or things such as silly putty, or playdoh have been used to lock the diffs. Some say they don't hold up all that well, other say they do, but at least they are both reversible.
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If I wanted spmething that was truly reversible, or able to swap out, I'd buy a second set of diffs. But, if you set up a max for crawling, wouldn't that hinder it performance for other styles of driving? So what would be the point of wanting to unlock your diffs?
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

well i want to have the best of both worlds....i have two sets up shock towers and two sets of suspension arms....and also i`m keeping all my stock stuff (chassis and wheels and what not) and well i want to go back to my stock set up.....or if i want to...just hook everything back in on my crawler chassis incase i want to, thats all....whats wrong with that? lol j/k
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

you can buy spools from the hobby store!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:38 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I can really recomend getting those spools, they are a easy install and are very much reversable and strong. It's the only smart move to lock maxx-diffs in my opinion. They are cheap and easy to find, so there is no reason to destroy those diffs with the only other choice JB-Weld (not the quick stuff, the original slow drying stuff).
It's your choice... one of these two are the only real good choices for locking a metal diff, according to my personal experience with these kinda diffs.
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:22 AM   #8
rbl
Rock Crawler

buy spools
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote