Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Question about body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Question about body

Are the wheel wells in this body big enough where you would't have to cut the fenders off and have the tires fit in them? Its going on a 2.2 TLT with moabs probably.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

have you been around lately?? there are several buildups in the small scale forum with this body. the stock openings have trouble clearing geolanders so you could figure out what it would take to clear the moabs
OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT_TLT
have you been around lately?? there are several buildups in the small scale forum with this body. the stock openings have trouble clearing geolanders so you could figure out what it would take to clear the moabs
Most people have been using the courier. And actually I don't look at a whole lot of buildups and if I do I don't pay attention to what body they're using.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
Are the wheel wells in this body big enough where you would't have to cut the fenders off and have the tires fit in them? Its going on a 2.2 TLT with moabs probably.
This is a question that really doesn't have a good answer. A lot of factors have to be considered. Things like ride height, wheelbase, tread width, etc. need to be considered. If you match the wheelbase of your truck to the body. And you have plenty of ride height you can get away with very little trimming. But that is only if you do your homework and build a truck to fit the body dimensions.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i have a '72 chevy NIP and when i set it on my tlt which has a SW2 so about 12.5" wb and moabs, i see the need for a lot of cutting
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have the Courier and the Chevy. I hacked up the crap out of the Courier for a comp body. I wanted to have the C-10 for a nice scale body. Didn't work out well. It is useless to think that the C-10 in stock form would work at all. I am going to hack the crap put of it soon. I can post some pics when I do.

I think that any body would have to be hacked up pretty bad to be effective crawler body. Unless you used a narrow stadium truck body.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
I have the Courier and the Chevy. I hacked up the crap out of the Courier for a comp body. I wanted to have the C-10 for a nice scale body. Didn't work out well. It is useless to think that the C-10 in stock form would work at all. I am going to hack the crap put of it soon. I can post some pics when I do.

I think that any body would have to be hacked up pretty bad to be effective crawler body. Unless you used a narrow stadium truck body.
Well its not going to be a comp crawler. Its going to be going on a more scale rig. He wants the wb to match the body and it to look like a raised stocker basically. Looks like he will have to find a different body.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Here is a link to the Chevy I just built.project "search button",my TLT Chevy. I didn't have to cut it too bad.It still rubs a little when flexed to the max though.
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

im in the same boat as 72Blazer. i have two chevy bodies, one i trimmed just enough to clear the tires, and the other one that i trimmed quite a bit. heres the link to my buildup

my new scale rig
OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

If that is the case then the WB matches up pretty good.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote