Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rcc..exceed 1/8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default new to rcc..exceed 1/8

hey guys.me and my son are new to this site and rcc..we just bought the exceed madstone 1/8 crawler,things huge!..were looking to upgrade now,starting with true beadlocks(not plastic) the only thing is were having problems finding 4.0 rims for it?all we found was the low boyz with the rolling weights inside but are they worth the $300??money isnt a issue i just want to know if i have other options??also whats a good/better motor..tekin or the novak? would appreciate your help/advice.thanks.
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

have you looked at http://www.maximizerproducts.com/ they might have some I was looking at getting some for my savage but I bought a rock crawler instead and now I am hooked i got the axial ax10 how do you like the exceed I was looking a them
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

hey guys.me and my son are new to this site and rcc..
Welcome to RCC

we just bought the exceed madstone 1/8 crawler,things huge!..were looking to upgrade now,starting with true beadlocks(not plastic) the only thing is were having problems finding 4.0 rims for it?all we found was the low boyz with the rolling weights inside but are they worth the $300?
well, the only issue i see is that going to true beadlocks, is going to cost alot, im pretty sure most 1/8 or super class crawlers run like narrowed HPI wheels and glue em for cheap, but someone correct me if im wrong

also whats a good/better motor..tekin or the novak?
A good motor is a Holmes Hobbies or the Team Brood motors. 1 motor will be roughly around 50-70 for a handwound, while the Holmes offers a machined wound for a low price of $35.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

hey guys,thanks for the replys..ive heard of holmes hobbies but theyre out of stuck for the motors.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEDY GENIUS View Post
hey guys,thanks for the replys..ive heard of holmes hobbies but theyre out of stuck for the motors.
oh yea huh.

well right now im running rc4wd 45ts in my XR-10. been pretty good, and beat the crap out of any motor for the price. 1 motor is at $9.99

ive been also waiting for those holmes hobbies motors to get in stock.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

welcome to rcc and welcome to exceed crawlers

there are many people on here that has exceed products and most are very happy with them. (just use the search to find threads)

but there are a bunch of haters on here too (dont like exceed)

but they are great rigs and affordable

we dont have a section yet and i hope one is coming soon we have more and more people with exceed nowadays.

but for true bead locks ya it will cost a decent amount for that size rig. good luck
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

As far as a motor I have had good luck with both the Tekin and Novak. But my favorite motors are the Holmes Hobbies Hand wound Motors. As stated above, Team Brood makes a very nice motor also. The reason I suggest these two is that you get great speed with great torque. Quite a bit more over the run of the mill machine wound motors.

If you are looking for an amazing set of true bead locks for the 40 series I would think about contacting Gerame at Eritex. He is a vendor on here. I just had some made that 4.5" tall for my Super. I will be posting up pictures very soon. I have been running the HPI Blast wheels for a little over a year and I love the tire and wheel combo I am running, but I decided to go ahead and the bead locks.

Good luck with your new hobby.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

hey,thanks guys.mcrcrawler,i've seen those motors and was thinkin of grabbing a couple just to have em,shit @ $9.99 you cant go wrong to have in case?jokers toys,thanks also man,were learning and expierimenting as we go along,i take it you have a exceed?? I have the 1/8 scale things a monster and i cant wait to start upgrading,gettin super bully axles,rims etc.70duncan just waiting for those holmeshobbies to be back in stock,hopefully soon?how much does this guy/company usually charge for the rims?how to i find him?like i said im new so i dont even know how to send friend request to abyone yet,lol sad i know?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
hey,thanks guys.mcrcrawler,i've seen those motors and was thinkin of grabbing a couple just to have em,shit @ $9.99 you cant go wrong to have in case?jokers toys,thanks also man,were learning and expierimenting as we go along,i take it you have a exceed?? I have the 1/8 scale things a monster and i cant wait to start upgrading,gettin super bully axles,rims etc.70duncan just waiting for those holmeshobbies to be back in stock,hopefully soon?how much does this guy/company usually charge for the rims?how to i find him?like i said im new so i dont even know how to send friend request to abyone yet,lol sad i know?
Lol, i dont have any exceed kits. i actually run the RC4wds in my XR-10 Holmes hobbies doesnt have their machine wound, and i dont also have enoough money for handwounds.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey guys.me and my son are new to this site and rcc..we just bought the exceed madstone 1/8 crawler,things huge!..were looking to upgrade now,starting with true beadlocks(not plastic) the only thing is were having problems finding 4.0 rims for it?all we found was the low boyz with the rolling weights inside but are they worth the $300??money isnt a issue i just want to know if i have other options??also whats a good/better motor..tekin or the novak? would appreciate your help/advice.thanks.
I see that you are local. Welcome. I have been in RC for nearly 30+ years but just recently into crawlers. I'm building a super crawler at the moment and currently looking for 40 size tires as well. Let me know what you find and I will let you know what I come up with as well.
bpd964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
RCC Addict

you can use the HPI blast wheels and CA glue on the supers tires..

Djmedic2008 on youtube has that one vid of the Super. with the HPI blast wheels. but i sadly dont know what tires hes using.