Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: help chosing a crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1

Default help chosing a crawler

hello im been interested in getting into crawling for a long time but i didnt want to go out and buy the first one i seen at the hobby shop so i been looking and reserching trying to find the right one for me..im not looking for speed but more into the scale and just ttc stuff so im deff want 1/10 and lockers with a low gear looking to spend around 300-350 just looking for some more input on whats the best for what im looking to do and for that price thanks
likearockoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

If your into scale then go check out some of the stuff in the general scale sections 1.9,2.2 ect..... Axial now has a Scx10 with 2.4 radio setup. which is a scale truck
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRS10 View Post
If your into scale then go check out some of the stuff in the general scale sections 1.9,2.2 ect..... Axial now has a Scx10 with 2.4 radio setup. which is a scale truck
yeah i seen that. i just was just trying to see if there was any other options out there. seems alot of ppl are running the scx10's seems like a good truck to start off with.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I agree the SCX10 is a great rig to start with. The parts support from the factory and the aftermarket are second to none. And hop ups are plentiful.
Blazefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Honcho.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Honcho.
i like it just wish it came in a clod fourm...whats the difference between the honcho and the scx10..i know its smae comp. but is the gearing, axels or motor any different?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likearockoh View Post
i like it just wish it came in a clod fourm...whats the difference betrween the honcho and the scx10
It is an SCX10. Toyota cab, tube bed. Wheelbase is a tad longer than other SCX's, and the motor is a 27t if I remember correctly. Same frame, same axles, same gearing. They now come with a 2.4 radio and a much improved speed control (basically a brushed motor only Sidewinder).

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-27-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
It is an SCX10. Toyota cab, tube bed. Wheelbase is a tad longer than other SCX's, and the motor is a 27t if I remember correctly. Same frame, same axles, same gearing. They now come with a 2.4 radio and a much improved speed control (basically a brushed motor only Sidewinder).
ok thats what i was wondering if it was as tough as the older one..there is one other i was looking at but wasnt too sure about its this one
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/tam58429.htm
Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
ok thats what i was wondering if it was as tough as the older one..there is one other i was looking at but wasnt too sure about its this one
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/tam58429.htm
Also a good choice.

I too would like to see the RTR Honcho come in kit form. Half the fun is building them...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #10

ok so i got the scx-10 with the dingo body only body they had at the hobby shop..anyways so far i cant say i been real happy i already had 4 screw and nuts fall out the axels and the set scerw fell out of the gear on the motor found the other screw but not the set scerw..starting to wonder if i got a lemon crawler lol
Old 01-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
OK, so I got the scx-10 with the dingo body, only body they had at the hobby shop..anyway, so far I can't say I have been real happy. I already had 4 screws and nuts fall out of the axles and the set scerw fell out of the gear on the motor. I found the other screw but not the set screw..starting to wonder if I got a lemon crawler lol
I would use blue loc-tite (you can get it at just about any auto parts place) on ALL the hardware. Let it sit overnight and then go run it.
It also pays to check all hardware after every outing, just to be sure. I do this, even when using loc-tite.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #12

Losi Night Crawler for sure!
jaybird1ton is offline   Reply With Quote