Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axle Strength

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #1

Default Axle Strength

ok im new to the rockcrawling scene. I have had a 1/18th nylint for a few months. i 4have 4 linked it with a custom chassis and real electronics. well my axles are on their way out the window with all the clicking and snapping. Now im ready to build a real crawler. My question is, and i hope its not too dumb, but are TLT axles a lot stronger than nylints?? i dont want to spend a bunch of money expecting something that wont break as easily just to be majorly disappointed. I know that it is common for people to break parts and i know they can be easily replaced but i am hoping that the TLT axles are a lot stronger than the cheap nylints or am i completely wrong? i know its the wrong place but if the TLTs are not what im expecting how bout clod axles? i just want to make the best choice the first time. Id like to have a semi-scale TLT but id go for a clod if i wont be satisfied with strength.
steetyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I have a tlt and have had the tire (2.2 moab) wedged in between rocks so bad it made the truck flip, I've done this many times, and have yet to break anything.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Well, it depends on how hard you are going to drive it. TLT axles are plenty strong, more so than Nylints. But Clod axles are stronger yet. If you want a scale look, I doubt you would be dissappointed with TLT axles.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

After driving the Nylint I think you will be VERY impressed with the durability of the TLT axles. I have put mine through all kinds of abuse, from 10t mod motor blasts to the crawling and they have stood up to the abuse well. About the only thing I have broken is the actual metal axle shafts. To date I have broken 2, but they were the original 'buster shafts, not the stronger 'climber ones
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote