Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: stampede tranny?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #1

Question stampede tranny?

ive been readin up and i see alot of ppl putin stampede transmissions in x-factor...
i got two questions...

why??

and

can u buy a stampede trans wit everything or do u hav to piece it out??
Haulinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #2

People sell them already built for around 50 bucks usually..

and the reason people put them in everything is because its a ready built transmission for 4wd, and most people don't like having to think about gearing and reduction other than the easily replaceable parts. I built my own transmission, its not that hard. Jakethealligatorman built one too, which is sort of where I got my inspiration.

I think they are kind of a crock myself. 50 bucks for a tranny? Get bent! I don't have that kind of cheese to spend. I have probably $15 total into mine, and thats rod, gears, shafts, pinions etc. I had to buy the GD600 seperately, but thats only $12 from tower.

Be different, build your own

_bR3T7
clodbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodbrett
People sell them already built for around 50 bucks usually..

and the reason people put them in everything is because its a ready built transmission for 4wd, and most people don't like having to think about gearing and reduction other than the easily replaceable parts. I built my own transmission, its not that hard. Jakethealligatorman built one too, which is sort of where I got my inspiration.

I think they are kind of a crock myself. 50 bucks for a tranny? Get bent! I don't have that kind of cheese to spend. I have probably $15 total into mine, and thats rod, gears, shafts, pinions etc. I had to buy the GD600 seperately, but thats only $12 from tower.

Be different, build your own

_bR3T7
ok...well can i get som ideas?? maybe som pics of urs for som well needed inspiration.
Haulinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Here's a link to a stampede tranny vendor on here. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23673

Now why people use them is because there small, can be easily mounted and are pretty tough trannys. I stripped my spur gear a few times but that was mostly because my gear mesh was off and the other was my motor screws came loose and it ate a few teeth.
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

They use them because they have a rather small footprint and a re fairly tough when the gear mesh is correct...they are easy to come across...but for 50 bucks i dont think that they are worth it i am making my own that is going to have full ball bearings and stainles steel gears and be filled with oil...just somwthing to do and it will be bomb proof to say the least...

Duke
DUKEMURMUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

what drive shafts are you using with pede trannys?
BigRedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I would stay away from a stampede transmission in a twin force or x-factor. I am running one in my twin force, and have stripped the diff. case twice, both times in a competition.
Cubman is offline   Reply With Quote