Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Advice on crawler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #1

Default Advice on crawler.

I am want to buy or build a truck that can crawl but also be able to go around 35-40mph. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds. A build from the ground up interest me alot. Not too sure where to begin though. Any advise will help. Thank you.
armyguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up well....

hey man, u could try the 'Traxxas summit' ive heard these are good at crawling (but not a full crawler)
these will go fairly quick and there fully water proof! and with lights etc.... http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/5607summit

but if you want a full 'crawler' to do comps or scale runs you will find it difficult to find one that will do 30mph+

the other option maybe a 'axial ax10 scorpion rock racer' as these come with a 27t motor and a 20t pinion gear, so it's farly quick but i don't see it being as fast as you want it,
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10rtr/

Last edited by Tom94offroaduk; 03-01-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Tom94offroaduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Most crawlers run slow torquey motors so it will probably be hard to get that much speed out of one but i have seen alot of fast scalers maybe you could go that route. If you do get one that crawls good and goes 30 shoot me a message cause i want one to.
muddigger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddigger123 View Post
Most crawlers run slow torquey motors so it will probably be hard to get that much speed out of one but i have seen alot of fast scalers maybe you could go that route. If you do get one that crawls good and goes 30 shoot me a message cause i want one to.
you could try and build a sort of ' king of hammers' rig, using a fast motor 14turn etc......
i know rc4wd.com sell a king of hammers chassis/tuber.

That would be pretty cool, i really think though you need to decide weather or not you want to to dedicated crawling or bashing ,
Tom94offroaduk is offline   Reply With Quote