Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Want a MOA crawler which one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Want a MOA crawler which one?

so i have been crawling for a lil while i have an axial ax10 scorpion with a few mods nothing major and i have a losi comp crawler still pretty stock. i really like the ideas of a moa crawler. im sure this question has been answered 100 times but im asking again WHAT MOA CRAWLER SHOUD I GO WITH?
wesley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well you have some options. You can buy a MOA kit for your Losi to convert it over or go with something entirely different. The only real "Kit" is the XR10 so if you want to buy everything together and new that would be the ticket...Of course you could buy a used rig, they come up quite often and you can get a good deal vs. buying everything new. Then of course you could just buy some axles, a chassis and some electronics and build yourself a new crawler.

Everyone has their own idea on what MOA is the best, each axle has its strengths and weaknesses. The bullys are strong but dont have quite the steering of the Xr's or Bergs and link placement can be difficult when working with a chassis designed for Bergs. The Bergs are great but you really need to upgrade them before they are comp worthy, some super 300's are the best but you can get away with axial stubs if you are on a budget. The XR's seem to be doing well out on the rocks but again require some work to make them hold up.

I suggest doing some reading and seeing what interests you. Also talk to some local guys in your area if you plan to compete and see what they are running. You can pick up some good tips on setup if you get what they majority of people have.

Good luck
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default thanks

thanks for the help. i have seen the losi conversion kits but there kinda pricey i think im gonna look for a used xr10 i heard they were pretty good.
wesley89 is offline   Reply With Quote