Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tire replacement help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #1

Default Tire replacement help.

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to this but learning fast. I just purchased a redcat rockslide rs10 xt and have been perusing the rockslide thread. Probably one of the most common and easiest modifications to the stock rig is the tires. So far from word of mouth the best are either the hb rovers or the hb sedonas. The thing that I'm confused about when looking them up is the word "white" and sometimes "red" well that's obviously not describing the color. What does this exactly mean? Also, it should just fit right in to the rims that I have on my redcat? Also another question is about the foam in the tires? What is the best foam to use and how soft do you want to get your tires? It seems like the easiest and probably one of the first mods that I'm looking into. What do you all think? Thanks guys.
Coffinspire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Color means tire compound softness, if I am not mistaken(probably am) white is a softer compound than the red.
From what I've seen, the stock foams are good. And as long as the tires I.d. is the same as the o.d of your wheel, should fit
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
RCC Addict

A better quality tire can make a huge difference, of the 2 you have listed I would go with the Rovers in the softer white dot compound, and would look into a better foam like the Panther F400 foams, the foams that come with the Rovers are to small and too soft.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The rs-10 comes with 2.2 wheels so get the 2.2 tire of your choosing. My advice is to replace the servo first though. Most people loose the stock servo on the rs-10 within 2 or 3 runs. If you can afford both then replace them together. You will see a drastic change. Go with the best servo you can afford and do a little research on what tires work best in your area. Also look into lipo batteries because the rs gets weighed down easily with the stock battery.
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote